Rbc swap questions?

And a rear motor mount if you don't have one yet.

Yeah, I know... "All season" basically equates to master of nothing. I plan on replacing these tires with summer tires when their life is up. I have a nice snow tire package, but Nebraska isn't as cut and dry as Minot, North Dakota. I don't want to kill my winter tires by driving on bare concrete near freezing when the snow melts. Melting snow didn't start in ND until May! Do most people swap tires multiple times in the winter? I have BOOMBA Engine mounts front and rear.

Yeah, I know... "All season" basically equates to master of nothing. I plan on replacing these tires with summer tires when their life is up. I have a nice snow tire package, but Nebraska isn't as cut and dry as Minot, North Dakota. I don't want to kill my winter tires by driving on bare concrete near freezing when the snow melts. Melting snow didn't start in ND until May! Do most people swap tires multiple times in the winter? I have BOOMBA Engine mounts front and rear.
Snow tires won't be ruined by driving on dry concrete. The rubber compound is just designed to handle colder temperatures. Below 40 degrees normal rubber gets hard and less responsive. Snow tires use a different composition to stay more flexible and use tread patterns to bite snow/ice. Run the snow tires till the weather changes.

There is a ported RBC and ZDX TB for sale right now. Would these be beneficial if I plan to SC in the future? Can you give me a basic description of what these actually do to improve air flow? I have searched on the interwebs with not much luck. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure if you're going SC, the RBC manifold would not be used. Only in a turbo application. So, you would have to account for the purchase/depreciation/resale if you went that route.

Thanks Tom. I read Vit's long RBC write up and it seems the loss of torque is significant unless you are basically red lining the car. I was just curious of the mechanics of the parts and where they are actually installed on the engine. Sorry for the "newb" question. I just want to get to know my engine better.

Was at King Motorsports Dyno Day 2016 and my engine is completely stock with the exception of a cat back exhaust AND I put down 179hp and 156tq

This thread is interesting and I'm glad to see that people share their setups and share information :)20160626_091224.jpg

Back