Reckless driving

Man the police blow

I agree. I've yet to be treated fairly or at least not insulted and accused of being a complete scumbag by the police in my few dealings with them. The more polite I've been the more they've accused me of being involved in criminal activity.

I addressed one cop as "officer" and "yes sir no sir" the entire interaction. His response was, "you must have been in trouble a lot cause the only people who answer like that are people with records. You're lucky I didn't find anything!"

Yea, thats what I get for having a clean record and addressing you nicely? Psshhh... I don't even have a parking ticket.

I agree. I've yet to be treated fairly or at least not insulted and accused of being a complete scumbag by the police in my few dealings with them. The more polite I've been the more they've accused me of being involved in criminal activity.

I addressed one cop as "officer" and "yes sir no sir" the entire interaction. His response was, "you must have been in trouble a lot cause the only people who answer like that are people with records. You're lucky I didn't find anything!"

Yea, thats what I get for having a clean record and addressing you nicely? Psshhh... I don't even have a parking ticket.
They can be complete assholes.

I have one:lildevil: Other than that my record is crystal clean.

I always follow this steps when I get pulled over and few cops thanked me for doing this.;)

1. When you see a cop car in your rearview mirror with it's disco lights on, pull over to the side immediately.
2. Turn off the engine, pull the ebrake and turn on your hazards lights.
3. Roll down all windows down (At night turn on your interior lights)
4. Put my wallet/license with the registration on the dashboard. I also put my keys and cellphone there too.
5. If your state allows you to carry a gun and you have one in the car let him know about it.
6. Keep my hands on the wheel 9-3.
7. Answer his questions politely and keep an eye contact witht the LEO.

If you plan to argue with them and start talking about your rights then guess what? Things will go south very quickly. Remember, you can always go to court and fight for it.

Most people these days don't like the officers of the law until they need one.

I have one:lildevil: Other than that my record is crystal clean.

I always follow this steps when I get pulled over and few cops thanked me for doing this.;)

1. When you see a cop car in your rearview mirror with it's disco lights on, pull over to the side immediately.
2. Turn off the engine, pull the ebrake and turn on your hazards lights.
3. Roll down all windows down (At night turn on your interior lights)
4. Put my wallet/license with the registration on the dashboard. I also put my keys and cellphone there too.
5. If your state allows you to carry a gun and you have one in the car let him know about it.
6. Keep my hands on the wheel 9-3.
7. Answer his questions politely and keep an eye contact witht the LEO.

If you plan to argue with them and start talking about your rights then guess what? Things will go south very quickly. Remember, you can always go to court and fight for it.

Most people these days don't like the officers of the law until they need one.
I agree with that BUT just because this always works for you doesn't mean someone else that tries it will get treated equally. I treated the cop that pulled me over super politely and yet he still wanted to tow my car and give me hell.

The last time I was stopped, it was windows down, all interior lights on, keys on the dash, and both hands on the wheel. I didn't reach for anything until I was told to. I handed over my license and when he asked for my reg/insurance I said "it's in the glove box."

The response was a very terse "well get em out if you got em then!"

Yea. That was the tone of the whole interaction. Be polite get **** back. He also said my actions were those of "someone who has been arrested many times so I know how this is gonna go down."

He was super pissed when he ran all my stuff and nothing came back. He went to his car ran my stuff, came back, threw my cards at me and said to "sit tight, this is gonna hurt."

Dude wtf...... I thought being super compliant and polite would have gotten me out of it or at least not treated like a drug dealing murderer.

I am always polite but its never gotten me anything but rudeness back. I don't get it. Ill have to act like a jerk next time. Its not a one time thing either. I used to get stopped leaving work all the time. One guy actually said to me I was stopped because I get flagged with every stop. They run my plate and it shows lots of hits in their system. The more stops, the more you show up as a "possible problem." Because if you weren't doing something to get stopped why would they right?

So, the more you guys run my plates the guiltier I am? I worked at a hospital in a bad area and my shift ended after midnight. Clearly Im up to something. Even after showing my badge with almost every stop they would still ask repeatedly if I really worked there. I was told on several occasions I could be written a ticket for several various things I hadn't been doing but they were being nice by not. *** hats.

The last time I was stopped, it was windows down, all interior lights on, keys on the dash, and both hands on the wheel. I didn't reach for anything until I was told to. I handed over my license and when he asked for my reg/insurance I said "it's in the glove box."

The response was a very terse "well get em out if you got em then!"

Yea. That was the tone of the whole interaction. Be polite get **** back. He also said my actions were those of "someone who has been arrested many times so I know how this is gonna go down."

He was super pissed when he ran all my stuff and nothing came back. He went to his car ran my stuff, came back, threw my cards at me and said to "sit tight, this is gonna hurt."

Dude wtf...... I thought being super compliant and polite would have gotten me out of it or at least not treated like a drug dealing murderer.

I am always polite but its never gotten me anything but rudeness back. I don't get it. Ill have to act like a jerk next time. Its not a one time thing either. I used to get stopped leaving work all the time. One guy actually said to me I was stopped because I get flagged with every stop. They run my plate and it shows lots of hits in their system. The more stops, the more you show up as a "possible problem." Because if you weren't doing something to get stopped why would they right?

So, the more you guys run my plates the guiltier I am? I worked at a hospital in a bad area and my shift ended after midnight. Clearly Im up to something. Even after showing my badge with almost every stop they would still ask repeatedly if I really worked there. I was told on several occasions I could be written a ticket for several various things I hadn't been doing but they were being nice by not. *** hats.
That's really messed up nix! Seems like the good people still get screwed over.

Reactions: Nix
I know! And I see ghetto wagons with no exhaust & no tags doing 80 with shot suspension and a donut blow through red lights with 3 kids hanging out the back window..... I get popped pulling out the parking garage at my work.

Meh, I dont dislike the police, I've just yet to have a decent interaction with one. I must have a face that reads criminal..... or too clean to not be up to something..... hahaha

I know! And I see ghetto wagons with no exhaust & no tags doing 80 with shot suspension and a donut blow through red lights with 3 kids hanging out the back window..... I get popped pulling out the parking garage at my work.

Meh, I dont dislike the police, I've just yet to have a decent interaction with one. I must have a face that reads criminal..... or too clean to not be up to something..... hahaha
Amen man. I feel the exact same, I don't hate them ...but I do feel they are overpowered.

I get upset cause I got a 79 in a 65, yet I cruise 75-8o daily on the road and police pass me ALL the time on that road while I do that speed. Just seems like do as I say not as I do!

I agree with that BUT just because this always works for you doesn't mean someone else that tries it will get treated equally. I treated the cop that pulled me over super politely and yet he still wanted to tow my car and give me hell.
I've noticed through the years that the police treat the younger people like they would a delinquents, more so than just being a young person. As we get older the police seem to be less like disciplinarians, as long as we act like gentlemen. It also applies to peeps that have other attributes. Like the way they dress, the color of their skin, etc. Myself, having served in the military has given me the experience to use the proper wording and facial expressions as not to key their nasty side. Working for a company that puts me in front of customers did the same thing, as far as not giving any attitude verbally or visually that would make them call my company. Which leads to my theory why people drive with attitudes when they are off work, or at least not driving something with the companies logo/phone# on it, it's a release of having to put up with peeps at work every day. Just remember Police have to deal with all types of people all day as well.

^ this is true. I was pulled over the most when I had my crx. I had custom paint, stereo, i/h/e. I once got pulled over for 35 in 25, and got questioned about everything. They definitely profile young people and are harder on them.

I get upset cause I got a 79 in a 65, yet I cruise 75-8o daily on the road and police pass me ALL the time on that road while I do that speed. Just seems like do as I say not as I do!

Police have a reason for speeding, so they can pull up on people quickly to clock them and/or observe them before the peeps know they're behind them.

Having said that, I'm OCD, to the point that I drive to the letter of the law, and everything is always done properly...... Like signaling, following distance, lane changes, etc. ...... with the exception of maintaining traffic flow which can lead me to go over the speed limit......
And having been a truck driver professionally for"O" so many years I've adapted the habit of doing all the right stuff to where it's hardly a thought to do it correctly..... Hence my issue with when I see the police not driving to the letter of the law, it's their job to do it right, they're suppose to be setting an example to the driving public............

Last edited:
^ I drive truck currently, and I underrstand what u r saying. However I see them driving that speed all the time. The law should be the law, they are not above us, this isn't Europe. If I can't talk on the phone while driving, why can they run a speed gun while doing so? Also I see them pass me when I'm in the truck all time while they are texting! I'm no hater on police, but everyone should follow the same laws, especially ones they are enforcing.

I had a nice experience at a dealership late at night. I wanted to see what they had on the lot so I stopped there despite it being like midnight. It wasn't long before I had a cop running up on me with his hand on his gun. I just stood there and he ran my license. He went nuts with his questioning and yelling. Started asking what tools I had on me, and where I put the saw. I was like,...where did I put the saw? He's like we have had a bunch of catalytic converters cut off cars lately, and you're suspicious. He starts shining his light around under the cars to see if I had dumped the saw or car parts I guess. He starts looking at my hands and my clothes to see if I'm dirty. After the license check came back clean, he says he wants to know where I parked. I pointed to the car and he's like....let's go look. I hit my locks to show it unlocked etc. He then asks if I have a meth lab or anything illegal in the car. I basically lost it in laughter and just told him to have a blast going through the car. He did...and walked away empty handed. Told me to stay away from the dealerships after normal working hours if I knew what was best for me. :rolleyes:

I had a nice experience at a dealership late at night. I wanted to see what they had on the lot so I stopped there despite it being like midnight. It wasn't long before I had a cop running up on me with his hand on his gun. I just stood there and he ran my license. He went nuts with his questioning and yelling. Started asking what tools I had on me, and where I put the saw. I was like,...where did I put the saw? He's like we have had a bunch of catalytic converters cut off cars lately, and you're suspicious. He starts shining his light around under the cars to see if I had dumped the saw or car parts I guess. He starts looking at my hands and my clothes to see if I'm dirty. After the license check came back clean, he says he wants to know where I parked. I pointed to the car and he's like....let's go look. I hit my locks to show it unlocked etc. He then asks if I have a meth lab or anything illegal in the car. I basically lost it in laughter and just told him to have a blast going through the car. He did...and walked away empty handed. Told me to stay away from the dealerships after normal working hours if I knew what was best for me. :rolleyes:
What an ******* I can understand his suspicion but that all was a little much and unnecessary.

This is a bunch of BS. All the dealerships here keep their lights on all night so that you can go look in peace after hours. I even ran into a cop that was running radar sitting in the drive way in a line of cars and stopped and told him I was just wanting to look at some cars and he told me "that's what the lights are on for." Had a nice conversation with him actually. What that cop did to you was just straight up harassment.

^ Yeah the lights were on there as well. Really small town cop just going above and beyond.

Back