Resonator Deleted

That is an excellent explanation Mikey.

I agree... Its just really hard not to be paranoid about it. I just dont see the performance changing much by taking it off. And for me as im still under warranty they would find that delete as a way to deny any kind of engine issue if i ever had a problem and needed warranty work done.....

I agree... Its just really hard not to be paranoid about it. I just dont see the performance changing much by taking it off. And for me as im still under warranty they would find that delete as a way to deny any kind of engine issue if i ever had a problem and needed warranty work done.....

to each their own. they cannot "deny any kind of engine issue" without being able to actually explain how deletion of a resonator caused this. it's NOT a performance thing really, it's a sound thing for many. does not become a "performance thing" until you get flashpro/tune really.
again, there is NOTHING to be paranoid about in terms of hydrolocking the engine with this mod. being concerned about hassle from a dealer is definitely valid though. have you done ANY mods to your car? (this includes stereo, changing to LED bubs anywhere, new wheels, etc not just engine mods) because if so, then they can easily try to say "oh you changed your radio, so that's why the brake lights are blown out" but it is ultimately on the dealership to PROVE that what you did caused the fault/problem. magnusson moss act is a good thing to know when dealing with auto repair under warranty work.

to each their own. they cannot "deny any kind of engine issue" without being able to actually explain how deletion of a resonator caused this. it's NOT a performance thing really, it's a sound thing for many. does not become a "performance thing" until you get flashpro/tune really.
again, there is NOTHING to be paranoid about in terms of hydrolocking the engine with this mod. being concerned about hassle from a dealer is definitely valid though. have you done ANY mods to your car? (this includes stereo, changing to LED bubs anywhere, new wheels, etc not just engine mods) because if so, then they can easily try to say "oh you changed your radio, so that's why the brake lights are blown out" but it is ultimately on the dealership to PROVE that what you did caused the fault/problem. magnusson moss act is a good thing to know when dealing with auto repair under warranty work.
ive done multiple mods....(lowering springs/exterior/lugs/exhaust on the way) and i still have temp tags. but im a service manager in the automotive industry. im aware of what is a valid argument to void warranty and a horseshit argument.

Im also aware of the act your talking about. Im not concerned with radio/suspension/wheels as i get that stuff at cost. but my luck is ill have 1 of the 100,000 honda engines that has a problem and they will not cover due to me living/driving in SNOW and rain. water may not be able to be sucked up in the engine that easily .... but bet your *** if your in a blizzard or slide off the road ..... that white fluffy stuff will get sucked right in.

i could care less if you took yours off. all i said was that i cant justify the "risk" for so LITTLE result. and im all to sure....the result is LITTLE!!! if you want an intake......buy an intake - thats how I see it, again, you may see it differently. if so, more "sound" for you my friend.

i also have 3 ASE master technicians that work for me, one with over 33 yrs experience.....im not speaking alone. i assure you.

i'm going to stop discussing this because you have clearly turned this into a d*ck measuring contest about "oh look i know more about cars than you do" and wrap this up
you completely missed the point of my post. getting radio/suspension/wheels at cost was not my point. my point was it has to be proven that what you did directly led to the problem at hand. messing with your radio, by your logic, would "void" any warranty on electrical systems in the car, thus what my point was, and deletion of a resonator causes absolutely zero problems with the vehicle unless you are literally under 2+ feet of water, completely submerged, with the vehicle running. i live in the northeast, i have yet to get a single bit of snow up into my resonator, even after our 24"+ of snow a couple of weeks ago.
the reason i even refuted your justification of the "risk" was to allow others to know that whatever risk is involved is EXTREMELY minimal, and if you are sucking water up into that, you have a much bigger problem as your entire front end is under 24"+ of water

i'm going to stop discussing this because you have clearly turned this into a d*ck measuring contest about "oh look i know more about cars than you do" and wrap this up
you completely missed the point of my post. getting radio/suspension/wheels at cost was not my point. my point was it has to be proven that what you did directly led to the problem at hand. messing with your radio, by your logic, would "void" any warranty on electrical systems in the car, thus what my point was, and deletion of a resonator causes absolutely zero problems with the vehicle unless you are literally under 2+ feet of water, completely submerged, with the vehicle running. i live in the northeast, i have yet to get a single bit of snow up into my resonator, even after our 24"+ of snow a couple of weeks ago.
the reason i even refuted your justification of the "risk" was to allow others to know that whatever risk is involved is EXTREMELY minimal, and if you are sucking water up into that, you have a much bigger problem as your entire front end is under 24"+ of water

:yeahthat:

I would just like to say that we try to give as much advice and information around here as possible. Your decisions and reasons are your own, but other people read these threads, too. Everything offered up here is for the community at large.

What you do is your choice, but resorting to passive aggressiveness is unnecessary.

i also have 3 ASE master technicians that work for me, one with over 33 yrs experience.....im not speaking alone. i assure you.
33 years experience doesn't mean ****!!! you do know ase certi is easy to fucken get.

deleting half your resonator will not hydro lock for ****!!!!!!!!!

only true cai will,lock this bs thread!!!!!!!!

Also all of yall can suck it!!!!!!

Last edited:

i will admit...ego may get the best of a man from time to time..... i apologize. your advice does not go unheard.

33 years experience doesn't mean ****!!! you do know ase certi is easy to fucken get.

deleting half your resonator will not hydro lock for ****!!!!!!!!!

only true cai will,lock this bs thread!!!!!!!!

Also all of yall can suck it!!!!!!

lol...... experience "doesnt mean ****" he worked at a Honda Dealer ship for 28 of those years.

I did not think it would do anything either. I did it at first not because I had ever heard of it for performance but because I bought the car used, found out it had been in an accident, pulled the bumper to see what was up, and found the original resonator was already cracked. I pulled mine in anticipation of simply replacing it. I know the car revved better and it definitely had better throttle response. For a "free" mod it's worth trying on a dry day and see what you think.

Better yet, order yourself an intake, pull the res, drive a bit, install the intake, and see what you think. I'm quite curious. I never intended on putting an intake on my car, I just ended up at the res delete with a drop in K&N by chance.

Did a bit of snowplowing with my res. deleted civic. Dropped 1.5" I used to be paranoid as all hell. But i've never found water or snow in my intake. (I apologize for the commentary, I forget the camera is on when i drive, some NSFW, some just dumb.)

Another storm... 2/8/13

Last edited:
This will never hydrolock your car, you'd have to completely submerge it to have issues. and you'd be having bigger issues at hand if you completely submerged that pipe lol.

this is even less hydrolock likely than a cai since the cai puts the sealed filter there, really the ONLY way this pipe is going to suck up water is if it's totally submerged.

For those who has a 2013 R18, the resonator changed a little. It does not cut off by the wheel well and if you do plan on cutting it off, no way to secure the tube without some kind of clamp.

Back