Rusted sunroof glass frame

Exactly. It should be under the corrosion warranty, which is 5yrs/unlimited miles from the factory.

I just totalled my old car ( 99 civic dx coupe ) and needed a car asap and ive been looking for this specific car for a year or two, it happened to come up at the same time so i jumped at it. low mileage was a deciding factor too as most are 60000km or above any more. so i couldnt tell them i didnt want it, they were planning on wholesaling it. i explained it all in my email and i wasnt a dick about it. im a tech at a chrysler dealer so i know how alot of this stuff works, if you complain enough to the right people and your vehicle is close to warranty they usually make you happy. id be ok with a $50 deductible like you got. my only issue is i hate taking time off work to deal with stuff like this. this is my second honda thats being financed used. i have never purchased a new one.

i think another issue with dealers is the fact that i didnt buy from them new so they tend to not want to help you out, i purchased it at a dealer further away from me so i dont know how much the one closer would want to help. this is why i just opted to email and see what they say. the part for me is over $600, its 4 bolts to remove and install. i gave the dealer the option of giving me the part and i would install but i guess they didnt like that.

I just totalled my old car ( 99 civic dx coupe ) and needed a car asap and ive been looking for this specific car for a year or two, it happened to come up at the same time so i jumped at it. low mileage was a deciding factor too as most are 60000km or above any more. so i couldnt tell them i didnt want it, they were planning on wholesaling it. i explained it all in my email and i wasnt a dick about it. im a tech at a chrysler dealer so i know how alot of this stuff works, if you complain enough to the right people and your vehicle is close to warranty they usually make you happy. id be ok with a $50 deductible like you got. my only issue is i hate taking time off work to deal with stuff like this. this is my second honda thats being financed used. i have never purchased a new one.

i think another issue with dealers is the fact that i didnt buy from them new so they tend to not want to help you out, i purchased it at a dealer further away from me so i dont know how much the one closer would want to help. this is why i just opted to email and see what they say. the part for me is over $600, its 4 bolts to remove and install. i gave the dealer the option of giving me the part and i would install but i guess they didnt like that.

I get it. Dealers tend to only want to help who bought from them. I purchased at a different dealer for a couple of reasons. I service here because they had good ratings. You can always take your business elsewhere. With the way things are here for dealers, it’s best for them not to bite the hand that feeds them. Some will take the risk, but there are plenty here struggling and need all the work they can get. Some may consider you a secret shopper, so they don’t want to risk that either.

Good luck with it.

Exactly. It should be under the corrosion warranty, which is 5yrs/unlimited miles from the factory.

100%. I checked at my job and cadillac doesn’t cover it under their corrosion either. It’s crazy. If anything, thats the one panel that should be covered. The side panels typically won’t let water in when they fail. It’s a crazy thought process.

Yeah the sunroof glass is not covered in the corrosion warranty. You would think any body part made of metal would be .

If all else fails I'll bite the bullet and buy it myself.

Hey guys. Wanted to give a quick update. Just got the call from the dealer my car is ready and according to the advisor there’s no charge. I pick it up tomorrow. Hopefully it’s done right.

Funny got an email back from.honda explaining that my basic warranty is up and it won't be covered. Do I call Honda now or just give up? Clearly this rust issue was an issue when it was still under basic warranty .

Bought it used from a dealer about a month ago .Asked them to replace it but it was a no go. They took $400 off the price of the vehicle. Offered to sand it and paint it .

Bought it used from a dealer about a month ago .Asked them to replace it but it was a no go. They took $400 off the price of the vehicle. Offered to sand it and paint it .

They didn’t even offer to submit it for you? I would start calling NA Ops and just keep asking for supervisors. Stick to facts. Tell them there are apparent issues with this glass since there are cases all over the internet about it. Don’t let them tell you it’s the internet and you can find anything. They’re hoping you won’t want to bother with the fight and will move on.

Verizon tried to tell me I didn’t pay my bill. It was BS since I was using their gift card to pay it. I called and talked to a CSR and they told me they would only refund half of the $5 late fee. I already had faced issues with them since I switched a month earlier. Well I wrote a concise and firm email then found the executives emails on their website and sent it to like 7 of them. Got a call the next day from the assistant to the CEO and we talked for over 20 minutes and not only did she agree everything was mishandled from day one, but the CSR was wrong for saying that. She listened to the recorded call. I got my first and second month free. I never got nasty or name calling. Stuck to the facts and kept pressing. Eventually you will get somewhere. Got a free Matco 6 series triple bank that way too.

I'll try again. Not sure if I should call or reply to the email.

I got my krl1023 snap on box replaced this way as well. Started to rust on the bottom seem all the way around .

emailed them back this morning. got a replay back right away saying i need writen documents that the dealer looked at this and know what is wrong and they might goodwill the repair.

emailed them back this morning. got a replay back right away saying i need writen documents that the dealer looked at this and know what is wrong and they might goodwill the repair.
That’s a good start. All you should need is at least an RO. Might be a good idea to see what documents they want. This way they can’t deny you for the wrong type of docs.

Well I emailed the dealer I bought the car from hoping they have some documenting This from when I bought it so I don't have to go in.

Well I emailed the dealer I bought the car from hoping they have some documenting This from when I bought it so I don't have to go in.
Good luck. Hopefully, they will be willing to work with you since they won’t be paying for it and you’re doing all the footwork.

Wanted to make one final update. I got my car back and they did a fantastic job. Now to fight with insurance to get the accident damage fixed.

Update .I gave up with Honda about my sunroof glass. Today I decided to remove it and try to fix it .the seal came out easy enough. The rust damage was far worse than I thought it would be. I chipped away at it and wire wheeled it. Spray painted it with rust paint .Re installed the seal, that was a ***** .

Re installed the glass and the seal popped out. At this point I was pissed because I spent a good hour or two doing all that work .I re Installed it so it wouldn't leak. Looks like I'm buying a new glass tomorrow .

No . Not sure why you're asking that.
Seal is part of the glass. When you remove the seal you can see the extent of the rust damage .the seal isnt supposed to be removed or replaced so it was very hard to re install it .

Okay I follow you now. You should take it to your dealer and ask them if they think it looks good.

20190410-175404-HDR.jpg

My dealer is 30-45 minutes away, not worth my time to show them something that might not change a thing .my basic warranty is more than up now. $640cnd for the new one
IMG-20190406-203350-441.jpg

I spent over an hour trying to push the seal back in .

Back