Show me your R18... List your mods/plans if any

The spacer? 1-2hp i think. Unconfirmed but no difference felt on the butt dyno with the spacer. Res delete was an immediate improvement. Car drives much better without it

No I haven't done it yet. Was busy and then wham! ....winter came. Will have to wait for warmer weather. I just have the Takeda air intake.

Too bad about the code. Dam. Any feedback for the power increase with that mod?

I ran a TBS for a bit. Interesting story. I don't recommend this, nothing was ever tested or verified, just sharing what I did.

When I installed the TBS I didn't pull the battery connection. We've all discussed at length, pill the battery, the ECU resets and so on. Well, when I get in the car for a warm up the car fires up great and runs perfect. So I went for a drive. Throttle response was phenomenal. The car felt like it was a totally different animal. It responded fast and drive faster than ever before. If I put it into Econ mode it drive the way the car used to. I drove this way for about 2 weeks and it was fun. My gas mileage took a huge hit tho as you can imagine from all the fun. I then figured I'll pull the battery and reset the ECU see what happens. Car went back to the old car. Throttle response was down to normal, hp felt more normal. I ran like this for a month or so. I then took the TBS out. Pulled the battery connection on removal of the TBS. No noticeable change to performance after removal. My conclusion, we need flash pro. Until then were not reaching true potential. We are seeing some differences cause I have a few friends with the same cars bone stock. When I drive there's they were sluggish and flimsy. Just how I remember my car before the suspension upgrade and intake.

So Im gonna get the megan racing header ( really a test pipe) for the R18. Its for 8th gens but everywhere i look, as well as the diagrams, say its gonna work. Anyone run one like this?

It will make your car stinky and from what I hear very loud. Almost unbearably so. The other thing to consider is that it will probably cause you to throw a CEL. Getting a defouler may help but I don't know how sensitive the new iMID and computer are.

You will also probably lose a lot of low end torque, which you don't have much of to start with, so just driving around at low RPMs may be a bit more sluggish. Try it if you'd like though. These are just the things I read about when I had considered getting one.

After some more research it looks like the obx header might be better. Another member had told me that a while back too. Idk, i kinda just wanted to try frim seeing how the stock catalytic converter is so restrictive.

If anything buy one, and have them weld in a high flow cat. Unfortunately it's just not really worth getting.

This exactly:
The downpipe kills the low end and does minimal gains to the rest of the power band....

Dang, I figured it would help up high with more flow
well thanks for the info guys!

@07TLX How come a more open setup kills low end torque? Ive heard that in a few places, but I'm not sure i understand why

Dang, I figured it would help up high with more flow
well thanks for the info guys!

@07TLX How come a more open setup kills low end torque? Ive heard that in a few places, but I'm not sure i understand why

If I remember correctly..... It's due to the motor and ecu, the r18 is not made to be a high performance car. The cam is made to help fuel ecomony at a low speed and rpm, not good for performance, the ecu is pretty restricted and even with Hondata it's still restricted but not as bad. I actually believe the car runs better with some restriction.

If I remember correctly..... It's due to the motor and ecu, the r18 is not made to be a high performance car. The cam is made to help fuel ecomony at a low speed and rpm, not good for performance, the ecu is pretty restricted and even with Hondata it's still restricted but not as bad. I actually believe the car runs better with some restriction.
Thanks for the info! I could never find a good explanation

Well I'm gonna save my money for now and wait for FlashPro then! Maybe I'll get foglights instead. I keep telling myself eventually I'll get them...

So Im gonna get the megan racing header ( really a test pipe) for the R18. Its for 8th gens but everywhere i look, as well as the diagrams, say its gonna work. Anyone run one like this?
I know there is one person installed Megan racing header on the EX and he love it! 0-60 is overall faster with the header.

Last edited:
@Nix @Pauly99to17
Yes I am running the TBS with an HPS SRI. I have the "tighten fuel cap" code, but got a leak down test at honda and everything is fine. The spacer allows more air to flow into the IM which distorts the MAF but everything showed fine when we hooked the ECU up to the computer. Air/Fuel is good and no leaks, as well as the gas cap being fine.

I will add that the intake without the TBS, my MPGs are absolutely terrible, but with the TBS added I still get about 420 miles to a tank!
Hope this helps!

Reactions: Nix
I know there is one person installed Megan racing header on the EX and he love it! 0-60 is overall faster with the header.

I had the Megan, and the welds busted on them. What other mods did that other person have? 0-60 is not faster IMO only because you lose so much low end TQ. I'm most likely going to go with the OBX header because it still resonates and creates back pressure unlike the megan that is just open and utterly too loud. I ran the OBX on my 8th and was happier with that and noticed a difference from the megan.

Back