small mods for my maxed out turbo??

Replace the bushings in your suspension/front LCAs. Look into traction balls to help you get that power down. It's the small things that make the build more complete. It's also these small areas where another 65hp from the motor gets lost before it hits the road.

I have not seen a 9th specific front LCA bushing kit but I bet the 8th gen SI kit from Energy would fit pretty well.

How low are you? Extended ball joints for a roll center adjustment would do a lot too I bet. That coupled with a proper corner balance.

Just other areas to look. If you're making power but wasting it in transition then chasing more HP doesn't make sense.

What size and type of tire are you running?

Side motor mounts? Address all your mounts. Full kit, yes do it.
Wow.. i never even heard of some of the stuff your talking about haha.. ill look into it though.. thanks!!! More options to explore.. just trying to get that engine running as smooth as it can..... im on eibach pro springs for now, so about an inch an half low.. gonna get the progress rear sway too
Im working on rims and tires now, looking into 18's and about 8 1/2 wide.. i love the cr kiwamis but i dont think i can put a 9 1/2 without fender work.. 81/2 doesnt give the nice concave look.. and kev convinced me to get the side mounts.. i have rear hasport 62a mount.. you think i should go with 70a side mounts?? people complain about the vibrations, but the rear 62a doesnt seem bad to me.. thanks again nix more stuff to look into..

Reactions: Nix
If your running the stock spark plugs I would recommend getting a set that is a step colder. This is generally recommended with any form of forced induction. Won't net you any power, but may help with the smoothness your looking for.
Ok.. any recomendations?? I feel like i definetly need this

A quick search on the limits of the k series tranny shows that there doesn't seem to be any real consensus on what the actual power limit on the tranny is. Some people claim how you drive it has more of an impact than how much power your making. I would be interested to see if any of the tuners could chime in since they would have plenty more experience in the field.
One tuner told me that the trannys on the ninths are great.. but i would like to hear from others as well

op your best bet without blowing your motor is going with prl's fuel return system and run e85...also you should really get the full set of motor mounts...and swap to colder plugs like flight said..
I dont know about e85.. seems like a hastlr for me to get it,. Spark plugs definitely .. which ones? ill call prl about the fuel return.. those guys are good like that.. they always help me out..

Yeah at this point all he can do is try to minimize drivetrain loss, and then hope someone finally releases some camshafts that are compatible with the z7.

@Mikeorock what size exhaust are you running? If its less than 3" there may be a few extra HP you could free up.
I have the full race 3".. i love it.. not that loud untill i open it up.. then its screaming

Ask vit. If you're tuning with him I'm certain he can point you in the right direction for things like injectors, plugs, and fuel pumps. If needed. He does so many FI cars he knows what works and what doesn't.

The secret is in the suspension. Depending on your budget..... it gets a little dangerous though. Handling wise the car can get very very twitchy but... will give you the best rotation and cornering ability possible.

There aren't a lot of high end suspension options for the 9th civics. However, you can make 8th gen suspension fit the car, but it requires removing the front sway bar. Removing the FSB is a trick to help the car corner better if you are tracking the car and really want to eliminate the understeer as much as possible. There was a type-R in the previous Civic, and hence, race parts available.

If you really want to get crazy with your build: You can get some serious Type-R suspension and make it fit your car. The previous type R was called the FD2. Search FD2 suspension and you should see some pretty awesome options that blow away anything I've seen for the 2012+ Civics yet.

$5500 for some AST double adjustable dampers and remote reservoir suspension. Ohlins also make a FD2 kit...

http://usa.ast-suspension.com/shop/ast-shock-absorbers/5200/ast-2-way-5200-honda-civic-fd2-detail

AST_5200series.jpg

Ask vit. If you're tuning with him I'm certain he can point you in the right direction for things like injectors, plugs, and fuel pumps. If needed. He does so many FI cars he knows what works and what doesn't.

The secret is in the suspension. Depending on your budget..... it gets a little dangerous though. Handling wise the car can get very very twitchy but... will give you the best rotation and cornering ability possible.

There aren't a lot of high end suspension options for the 9th civics. However, you can make 8th gen suspension fit the car, but it requires removing the front sway bar. Removing the FSB is a trick to help the car corner better if you are tracking the car and really want to eliminate the understeer as much as possible. There was a type-R in the previous Civic, and hence, race parts available.

If you really want to get crazy with your build: You can get some serious Type-R suspension and make it fit your car. The previous type R was called the FD2. Search FD2 suspension and you should see some pretty awesome options that blow away anything I've seen for the 2012+ Civics yet.

$5500 for some AST double adjustable dampers and remote reservoir suspension. Ohlins also make a FD2 kit...

http://usa.ast-suspension.com/shop/ast-shock-absorbers/5200/ast-2-way-5200-honda-civic-fd2-detail

AST_5200series.jpg

I was looking at the d2 coil overs. But my neighborhoods roads are bad, i dont want anything too stiff.. 5500 is definetly too much.. thats too crazy haha. I guess i meant doing alot of upgrades when i said crazy.. im tuning with vit. .. i knew it would be good to ask here too.

So i guess i have to upgrade the suspension.. even if it is too stiff.. im waisting power..ill just have to learn which roads to take when im driving
in my neighborhood.. lowering springs with stock suspension seems like a waist with a turbo setup..

I dont know about e85.. seems like a hastlr for me to get it,. Spark plugs definitely .. which ones? ill call prl about the fuel return.. those guys are good like that.. they always help me out..
You can run race gas with the fuel return too

Nnice.. Ill check it out.. So you think i should get the 62a or 70a hassport side mounts?? I have the 62 a rear. You think the vibration would be too much?? Im ready to order just have to make that decision

It won't be too bad. It does take a while to break in though. Plan on the ride being a little rough for about 300 miles.

Yeah, at low rpm is will be a little noisy/rough though. I have an 80a in my upper torque mount and I've had it on about 400 miles and it's almost unbearable at 1500 but anything over 2500 is like stock. Initially it was really bad though and the 80 is a lot stiffer than the 60 or 70. Id go with the 62a all around. It'll be a nice improvement that won't kill you.

Back