small mods for my maxed out turbo??

Yea i think 62a as well.. I dont wanna get the 70 and regret it.. Cool.. Thanks .. Ill let yous know how i like it. Maybe next week hopefully

I was close to 450 when i dynoed it.but it wasnt a safe tune.. then i got a better tune with vit and its about as far as i should go.. not sure about the hp now, but its gotta be somewhere around 400. It feels as fast as the dyno tune but much smoother

I was close to 450 when i dynoed it.but it wasnt a safe tune.. then i got a better tune with vit and its about as far as i should go.. not sure about the hp now, but its gotta be somewhere around 400. It feels as fast as the dyno tune but much smoother
I'm sorry but you need 88a

Ouch!!! Haha . Ill let you know what i do and the results.. Thanks
Yeah especially if your 400whp+. If it makes you feel better when I was all motor I had the 70a rear mount and there was literally no vibration ....well a little but it was no where near what I thought it was going to be and now that it's broken in there is zero vibrations This time I went with 88a to be positive my motor won't be moving around. What's the point of going 60a all around when the motor will still be moving around once it's broken in lol that's like taking a shower and putting the same underwear on.

Haha. Dirty undies!!! I know. The 60a rear vibration was not bad at all.. But people are acting like the 88a is unbearable.. I dont know how bad that actually is.. Hopefully sixspeed can chime in and convince me.. I believe you but i would just like to hear people who have theses mounts

So you havent put in the 88a yet?? When will you be installing? Your car is a weekend warrior.. Mine is a daily.. I think the vibration is fine.. But if it is too much, then i dont know

So you havent put in the 88a yet?? When will you be installing? Your car is a weekend warrior.. Mine is a daily.. I think the vibration is fine.. But if it is too much, then i dont know
No they aren't here yet I ordered them Friday they should arrive this week and I'll install them Saturday. If you want to hold for a bit I can give you feedback.

Ok.. I want to order them this week so i can have em this weekend too.. But yea i definetly am curious how yours works out

@Mikeorock - I might as well chime in. I'm running 400whp 330wtq daily boosted PRL Stage 2 Turbo Precision 5858 with fullrace exhaust and rear hasport mount 62a. About 2 months ago my 4th gear went. I've never banged gears, grinded or mishifted. I've done some hard pulls, but only from rolls. 3rd-5th. I've hit 150mph twice in the car like nothing.

The transmission has lasted for some, but over 350whp it could become your weakest link. You want stiff mounts all the way around to reduce the extreme banging and jerking when going full throttle shifts from 3rd to 4th and 5th. Treat your transmission with respect when you're just cruising, take your time shifting so the gears can shift. I noticed people getting the buddy club short throw shifter...but you have to take into account the speed at which the gears switch between eachother too. No need for that short throw when you're boosted.

My GearX gear will be in tomorrow, and I'll be rebuilding the transmission with Carbon Synchros. Going to run Torco 5w-30 and I have full set of Hasport mounts to install too. I'll let you know how it goes.

Car has 28k miles. Turbo last 8k.

Also side note: OEM honda 4th gear was on backorder till May 7th so I'm assuming a lot of people are breaking 4th gear lol.

Appreciate the chime!! Good to know.. So 80a or 88a?? Haha i know im being real picky now.. Gonna pull the trigger tomorrow.. Also, whats up with that tranny fluid your using? I hate that little bite i get in the stick sometimes.. Im definetly not getting a short shifter but i did the cable bushings and i wanna do the base and shifter bushings as well..
Yea i definetly wanna here how it goes... Thanks alot!!! You too kev and nix

@Mikeorock - I might as well chime in. I'm running 400whp 330wtq daily boosted PRL Stage 2 Turbo Precision 5858 with fullrace exhaust and rear hasport mount 62a. About 2 months ago my 4th gear went. I've never banged gears, grinded or mishifted. I've done some hard pulls, but only from rolls. 3rd-5th. I've hit 150mph twice in the car like nothing.

The transmission has lasted for some, but over 350whp it could become your weakest link. You want stiff mounts all the way around to reduce the extreme banging and jerking when going full throttle shifts from 3rd to 4th and 5th. Treat your transmission with respect when you're just cruising, take your time shifting so the gears can shift. I noticed people getting the buddy club short throw shifter...but you have to take into account the speed at which the gears switch between eachother too. No need for that short throw when you're boosted.

My GearX gear will be in tomorrow, and I'll be rebuilding the transmission with Carbon Synchros. Going to run Torco 5w-30 and I have full set of Hasport mounts to install too. I'll let you know how it goes.

Car has 28k miles. Turbo last 8k.

Also side note: OEM honda 4th gear was on backorder till May 7th so I'm assuming a lot of people are breaking 4th gear lol.
Sorry to hear about your gear too... But you have almost the same exact setup as me too.. So keep me posted ill do the same

i didnt realize how bad you can mess the tranny up with out a good mount.. i have to get the solid mount now

i wonder if the other guy had solid mounts
ununesa6.jpg

Got my full hasport mount kit in 88a stiffness through my sponsor axion industries! Best place to get 9thgen parts! Can't wait to install them they should hold my new power goals very nicely

SAVE THE DATE OCT 20-21st is when we find out what she really capable of

well Harry Sparks is going super hard and has yet to break the oem gears. But aside from having good tires, and very strong mounts 70a minimum. stronger the better. He said he babies his car super hard when he's not at the track.

Patrick runs 536 whp at the track and did a lot of runs before he broke his tranny. He broke 4 axles before breaking 4th gear and 2nd gear. Then he went all out and upgraded all his gears to GearX.

I was pretty bummed when my 4th gear broke... our cars make an insane amount of torque for front wheel drive. That torque is killing our gears. Especially 4th since the ratios on the mainshaft and countershaft are pretty much the same. Unlike 1--5 is small to big and opposing shaft is big to small so that staggered gear ratios help reduce some of the power being thrown at them. torque for days :D

My goal is to have a 350whp/550whp daily, so I am going to rebuild stronger if it breaks. I want 1-4 GearX transmission, Pistons and Rods, and insaneshaft axles.
I love this car too much to just part out and give up.

Back