Photos Snow pics

Has anyone driven a 13 or 14 non si with the Continental pro contact tires, are they good in the snow? I read not so great reviews about them on tirerack. But just want some real world experience.

a9uduhug.jpg

Has anyone driven a 13 or 14 non si with the Continental pro contact tires, are they good in the snow? I read not so great reviews about them on tirerack. But just want some real world experience.
Yeah not so good... I put on snows because I couldn't get up my driveway. No issues now!

Yeah not so good... I put on snows because I couldn't get up my driveway. No issues now!

Thanks. I'm in NYC and its my wife's car. That's not too inspiring I was hoping they were good. I have a jetta with hankook stock tires and it was a tank in the snow.

Rubbing it in. Lol
Aww, sorry guys! No snow here but been down that road with snow & sleet in my past life and feel for you all. I especially feel for all those sweeties out there covered in snow and worse driving through that nasty road salt. Please give love to your babies and wash your Civics regularly especially under carriage wash.

If you're in NY I would recommend a dedicated snow tire. We have two non-si civics. I have had a set of Dunlop Graspic DS-2 snow tires that have been unbelieveably awesome and my wifes car has a set of Firestone Winterforce snow tires that have been very good as well. Once the temperature drops below 40 an all season loses a lot of its grip. Snow tires aren't just for snow but are a completely different compound designed for cold temps.

If you're in NY I would recommend a dedicated snow tire. We have two non-si civics. I have had a set of Dunlop Graspic DS-2 snow tires that have been unbelieveably awesome and my wifes car has a set of Firestone Winterforce snow tires that have been very good as well. Once the temperature drops below 40 an all season loses a lot of its grip. Snow tires aren't just for snow but are a completely different compound designed for cold temps.

I was hoping I didn't have to. I feel that for NYC in a FWD car with little torque, snow tires are almost overkill and living in an apartment with limited storage to keep 4 tires doesn't help. I might just consider investing in some pirelli cinturato P7. According to reviews on tirerack they are amazing in the snow (for an all season tire). Afterwards just sell the stock tires and hopefully make most of the money back.

Reactions: Nix
Back