Sold the Si

turbojay

I had my 2012 Si for 8 months and traded it in yesterday for 2010 Infiniti G37xS. My thoughts on the Si:

Positives:
  1. Loved the engine
  2. Short shifter/trans
  3. Nav/MID/Bluetooth/MPG tracker thing
  4. Great gas mileage, even for an Si
  5. Big trunk
  6. Did I mention the high revving engine
Negatives for car and dealership:
  1. Clutch made clicking noise since day one, dealer refused to fix it because Honda had no solution to the problem
  2. Annoying rattle coming from behind passenger side of dash, dealer looked at the issue, could not find the rattle, told me to live with it
  3. Very annoying announcements about buckling up the seat belt and my phone connecting to bluetooth. Got tired of hearing "the phone is connected" every time I started the car. No way to turn these alerts off
  4. Very cheap interior, I thought I could live with it but after driving a Maxima for 9 years, it was hard to get used to the Si's interior
  5. The rev hang thing was somewhat bothersome, again dealer had no fix for it. I got the new computer update but it didn't help
  6. Missed having garage door opener buttons
  7. Paint chipped very easily
In all fairness, some of the above negatives I should have caught before I bought the Si but missed them. Also, I had trouble with downsizing to a Civic, missed the little things that more premium cars come with.

But good news for current 2012 Si owners, I got $21,500 for it as a trade-in, so the value is holding up pretty good. The dealer was very happy with the trade-in and thought it would sell immediately.

I wish all of you the best, see you around.

Regards,
Jay​

:yeahthat:

You gotta be happy with your car, and an Si is not a Maxima or a G37.
definitely a civic and g37 are different cars. I tried to downsize due to high gas prices but couldn't do it for too long. Si was a very nice car, no doubt.

so will you be doing anything to it? Looks nice

wdnvk.gif

the sleeves are rolled up, so I'm guessing this was taken on your lunch break?

Back