Soon to be new, 2012 or 2013?

JWW2987

Hey guys, I am about to turn my Scion tC in and in the market for a new Si. I went to Honda by me where they have a 2012 Si that is still in the showroom for $19,999. It is brand new, just the '12 model. My question is should I go for the 2012 and save a few thousand or go for the 2013?I am not sure how big of a difference there is between the two. Any help would be appreciated!

Welcome ........
I'd want to check the 2012 vin # against any re-call issues, there was a problem with a segment of Si's that required changing pistons and rings. If it's not part of that, then I'd say save the money.

VEHICLES AFFECTED
2012 Civic Si 2-Door
From VIN 2HGFG4A...H700001 thru 2HGFG4A...H703398

2012 Civic Si 4-Door
From VIN 2HGFB6E...H700001 thru 2HGFB6E...H703802
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/excessive-engine-oil-consumption.6451/

As for changes between 2012/2013 - there is an entire list of changes to the various models in this thread -
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2013-honda-civic-unveiled-at-la-auto-show.6047/
There are a number of updates, and not all of them are visible changes. Thicker glass, sound deadening, suspension tweaks, crash beam updates, technology updates in the imid/radio... it's a matter of what you want. You're saving a bunch off sticker to take the 2012.

Last edited:
I'd say spend some time in both models, and then decide whether the savings are justified for a 2012. Also, while the 19.9K is good, you do have some leverage to lower the price, imo. It is a showroom car, the 2013s are already rolled out, and others on the forums have gotten even better deals than what the salesman is asking for.

Thanks for all of the help. I already like this forum better than the tC forums haha. Anytime a person asks a question, everyone replies "search, this topic has been covered." I will be going back today to the dealership and hope to strike a deal. I will let you guys know what happens. Thanks again!

Currently in the same boat. Usual dealer has a CBP '12 Coupe for the same price, but I'd prefer a TW '13 Coupe. May just bite the bullet and save a few grand. Good luck.

Thanks for all of the help. I already like this forum better than the tC forums haha. Anytime a person asks a question, everyone replies "search, this topic has been covered." I will be going back today to the dealership and hope to strike a deal. I will let you guys know what happens. Thanks again!

Good luck, take your time and make sure your needs are put first throughout the conversation.

Currently in the same boat. Usual dealer has a CBP '12 Coupe for the same price, but I'd prefer a TW '13 Coupe. May just bite the bullet and save a few grand. Good luck.

Jarret, you're in a good spot to make a decision. Hopefully you can get an even better deal for the '12. But either way, go with your gut and leave no regrets with your purchase. :dancingcoolsmiley:

Honestly if you were getting a sedan I'd say go for the 2013. But coupes barely got any changes in comparison to the sedan. Try to get them to lower the price a little more and just the money saved on parts! :vtec:

Well, i dont have to worry about the '12. Received an email that someone bought it haha and now they say they have a 2013 for 21,700. Going to be heading over there soon to talk it over!

Back