Sorry for all the questions!

Then I would have to go through an tune process which involved time I don't exactly have. I also don't have anything I can data log with. Hence the reason why I drove there.

How do you not have something to data log with? You said Vit tuned you? You could ask Vit, but I'd wager your tune would be fine with a cat. Maybe a couple hp difference.

^that. If you have access to any computer you can email him your logs. Friends house/library...whatever.

I'm sorry. With all the panic I assumed that I needed a laptop to be plugged in through the FlshPro to data log.

I'm sorry. With all the panic I assumed that I needed a laptop to be plugged in through the FlshPro to data log.

Nah. The unit will do the log on its own. Actually, Vit wants the unit to do the log and not the laptop...faster response/recording rate. Just use the laptop to copy the log and upload it to Vit.

yep. the flashpro unit saves the log files. Just hook it up to a computer usb and email him the log files.

Then I would have to go through an tune process which involved time I don't exactly have. I also don't have anything I can data log with. Hence the reason why I drove there.
You didnt know you might need a laptop/computer to tune your car when you bought FP? Etuning is a very long process and if your borrowing someones computer/internet they might get tired of you before you can finish tuning

You didnt know you might need a laptop/computer to tune your car when you bought FP? Etuning is a very long process and if your borrowing someones computer/internet they might get tired of you before you can finish tuning
Or he can pay for a dedicated tune.

W3ro I knew I did. I just though I needed a laptop to data log. I wasn't planning on tuning the car. Tuning with Vit in person was good fun and very informational. While I was there, a guy who just got tuned by another shop came by to get retuned. To see the night and day difference in this guy's FRS was astonishing. How does he get a tune that supposedly netted over 25 hp but run so crappy. Vit's tune netted less hp but ran like a beast. I suggest sticking with him on your tuning needs. Max was very cool to hang out with as well. it was nice hanging out with them and learning from them. Fun times. I'm gonna give it a week to see what I'll be doing about the raspiness.

Just to get things straight. I have an old MacBook Pro that needs to be plugged in to stay on due to a busted battery. I have Internet service. I Work in the parts department for Honda and my work desktop has full internet service. I just thought that the FlashPro needed to be plugged into a laptop/device to collect data/data log in the car. I admitted I was in a panic and didn't realize the FlashPro can do it by itself. I'm not an idiot. I just figured get a good tune and leave it. That's all. I don't have time for etuning. Is there something wrong with that. In other words I didn't buy it to tinker. Not my style.

If you dont want to etune then there is no way around it you will have to redo to 12hr round trip to eugene and retune with VIT that would be less time loss in he long run. Im also tuned by VIT i just didnt want to make the 12hr round trip wish i had though i still might drive down there and retune.

I don't mind doing the drive. Just deciding now if i should just get a catted DP or throw an extra resonator into the exhaust system. Someone recommended getting a vibrant resonator.

Hey @jarvasdb1 : You can do data logs one at a time. You will have a "tune" by the first one that works. The subsequent sessions are just to refine it until you are both happy with it. You don't have to do it all in one day and spend hours going back and forth. You can just data log when you drive to work and stuff and send the file when you get there or home or whatever works for you. It's pretty easy and flexible around your time as well as Vits. Something to keep in mind. You may only need to log a few sessions to get to where you are happy with it.

Thats kind of the nice thing about the etune. You don't have to sit and wait and spend a whole day sorting it out. You can get it done as you go. Since it sounds like you have the capability to do it in sessions or upload and send when you get to work you may want to consider still giving it a try.

Definitely. Right now I'm trying to decide if I should just add a resonator to my system or just go ahead and get a catted DP. Vit said if I decided to go the catted route all that has to be done is remove some timing to make up for the restriction. I'm giving myself a week to feel out this cat less DP so that I don't make any rash decisions. I appreciate all your guys' help and feedback. The one downside to working 5.1 miles from home is that it doesn't make a lot of time for play or data logging. Last night a part of me wanted to put the oem DP back on and just do a whole new tune off of that. But I know I was in a panicked state since I had an expectation of sound but it was surpassed. Anyone that has the q300 will agree that it has a magnificent sound by itself.

Back