Squiggy and Spidergirl's Annual Halloween Movie Fest!

Thank you for keeping this thread up! I use it to make netfllix browsing a ton easier. We don't have time to watch one every day but man, seeing 1 out of 3 that you say is "decent" makes the task a ton easier. I think you would at least have 31 good ones by now. Or close to it! hahaha

ultimate "watchable 31 days of halloween movies" list

edit: I wish they still had Trick R' Treat on there.

Day 16: (2006) The Omen

During filming, Seamus Davey-Fitzpatrick (Damien) was never told that his character was supposed to be the son of the Devil.

2006 The Omen.jpg

edit: I wish they still had Trick R' Treat on there.

Ooooh, I could probably put together an ultimate list of my favorites for you. That would be fun!
Yeah, I am a fan of Trick R' Treat also...I hate when Netflix takes off good movies just to replace them with garbage (typically, at least).

Update on opinions:

The Fog wasn’t bad. The original was better, though. Also, it’s just weird seeing Tom Welling because I still see him as Clark Kent from Smallville. Ha!

Friday the 13th – yes! The Jason movies were never my favorite, but this one was not too bad. As I mentioned previously, the gore factor was a plus and some of the kills were non-traditional.

Black Christmas was a dud. Some of the scenes weren’t bad, but overall it was just dumb and the acting was shitty. I know I’ve seen the original, but I honestly can’t remember it…must not have been that great either.

When a Stranger Calls had a pretty cool looking set (the house she’s babysitting for), but it was uber slow and not very eventful. There was almost zero suspense and you don’t actually get to SEE any of the kills.

Reactions: Nix
I like Freddy vs Jason. They made some stupid CGI choices in it but it's a good horror comedy.

Day 17: (2006) The Wicker Man

Initially a failure, the movie gained a cult following due to Nicolas Cage's acting which is said to be "unintentionally funny."

2006 The Wicker Man.jpg

Day 18: (2008) Prom Night

The movie was heavily criticized, by critics as well as fans, due to it being the first slasher film in history to receive a PG-13 rating.

2008 Prom Night.jpg

Day 19: (2007) The Hitcher

Sean Bean spent little time with his young co-stars so as to distance their relationship and make himself seem more unknown and menacing. He believed this would drive the chemistry in a more realistic fashion.

2007 The Hitcher.jpg

Are you finding most of these on streaming sites? Own them orr

Is the "Green Inferno" available? Either the OG or remake? I saw the new one in the theatre.

I like Freddy vs Jason. They made some stupid CGI choices in it but it's a good horror comedy.

I love this movie. Not a fan of Jason movies, but pairing him with Freddy makes it great. It is too bad it didn't end up being Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash like was talked about at one point.

Reactions: Nix
Is the "Green Inferno" available? Either the OG or remake? I saw the new one in the theatre.
I want to see this! I haven't seen either version. Hmm, now I'm thinking of what I can bump from this year's list...

Day 20: (2009) The Stepfather - forgot to post yesterday

I have no trivia tidbit for this. Bleh.

2009 The Stepfather.jpg

Day 21: (2010) The Crazies

Each "crazy" took three hours to create in makeup. Talk about crazy! ;)

2010 The Crazies.jpg

Update on opinions:
Pretty disappointed in this group. It was a bad run. :mad:

The Wicker Man - I didn't like this one at all. Not only is Nicholas Cage's acting over the top, but the movie progresses so slowly. Two thumbs down.

Prom Night - No real redeeming qualities in this one. It's only loosely based on the original.

The Hitcher - Sean Bean is a horrible replacement for Rutger Hauer. All in all not a bad movie.

The Stepfather - Kinda boring until he snaps...then kinda humorous. "Who am I here?!"

The Crazies - Pretty much just a different take on zombies. Not horrible, not fantastic. The makeup was pretty cool.

Day 22: (2012) Silent Night

Partially inspired by the Covina Holiday Massacre which took place in real life on Christmas Eve in 2008.

2012 Silent Night.jpg

I remember when that happened. Dude killed his wife’s whole family. Gnarly.

Ok, so I made two lists. One legit list and one guilty pleasure list. Feel free to tear them apart.

Legit List:
Alien (1 & 2)
Anatomy
Candyman
Cube
Event Horizon
High Tension
Hostel (all three of them)
House of 1,000 Corpses
House on Haunted Hill (1959 and 1999)
Hush
I Spit on Your Grave (1978 and 2010)