Squiggy's 2012 DBP II Si Coupe

Looks like it will be rainy ALL weekend here. Maybe I will finally have the time to finish the stereo install that I started a long time ago. :woowoo:

Finish it rain is the perfect weather to do that install long as you have a garage or car port

I have a garage. I was just implying that all of my outside projects will be put on hold due to the weather.

No progress will be done with the stereo install this weekend. Decided to order a few additional things plus parts I forgot about.

I did paint the engine cover and fuse box cover red, though!

No progress will be done with the stereo install this weekend. Decided to order a few additional things plus parts I forgot about.

I did paint the engine cover and fuse box cover red, though!
Pics?

red button looks good that way man :thumb:

Thanks! Hoping to eventually do the window and steering wheel buttons too, but I have the feeling they are also LEDs soldered to a circuit board like the temp controls.

View attachment 18613

Swapped out the bulb in the moon roof switch.

I started out tearing apart the temp controls to see how the lighting worked in there. I am going to have to buy one from a junkyard to play around with it.

View attachment 18614

View attachment 18615

Or maybe I can cover them with red vinyl?

Going to tackle the steering wheel next to see if a bulb swap is easy or not. (CollegeHillsHonda Why do the torx bolts need replaced once the airbag is taken out?)
They say to replace airbag bolts after removal because of the extreme strain put on them during airbag deployment. everytime a bolt is removed and reinstalled it is weakened. Also on an airbag bolt if it was to slightly loosen the jiggling could possibly deploy the airbag. Allthough not likely, them saying to replace the bolts is just kind covering there ***.

They say to replace airbag bolts after removal because of the extreme strain put on them during airbag deployment. everytime a bolt is removed and reinstalled it is weakened. Also on an airbag bolt if it was to slightly loosen the jiggling could possibly deploy the airbag. Allthough not likely, them saying to replace the bolts is just kind covering there ***.

Interesting. Even though I think that removing and reinstalling once would be inconsequential. Oh well, it is only a couple of bucks to buy new ones.

The goal is to swap all the lighting out with red if possible. I have already done the ambient light switch and VSA switch.
AlienPrime will surely be interested in your progress.
Me too. I don't like the 2 orange lights. I would love to have them all blue, but the soldering job (?) of changing the bulbs looks out of my league. :ohnoes:

Last edited:
Thanks! Hoping to eventually do the window and steering wheel buttons too, but I have the feeling they are also LEDs soldered to a circuit board like the temp controls.
I have an LX and there are no lights in the door controls. Make sure to post pics. I am wondering if I could add lights here.....so annoying searching in the dark for the door lock.

yeah swapping the botton bulbs are really easy FooBird showed how to do it on 9thgc a while ago :D

dash tho... would suggest 3mm led's that you take apart the dash and solder all the led's lots of work tho hahaha

there is a guy in his 8thgen that did it :)

Caption: Need more red... wire looms!!!

I am planning on doing the brake fluid cap and rear engine cover at some point. I was also playing with the idea of the air box. If I don't like it, I plan on putting on an intake eventually.

Back