Squiggy's 2012 DBP II Si Coupe

Very cool. I know that others have said they’ve done it over a weekend or whatever.

Pretty straight forward install, can be done over a weekend.
If I did it again, I would skip the ac spacer. Plug and play injectors are nice too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Pretty straight forward install, can be done over a weekend.
If I did it again, I would skip the ac spacer. Plug and play injectors are nice too.

Can you expand on the AC spacer?

The instructions call for you to evacuate the ac and add a spacer to the line so it will clear the supercharger pulley. Many people just carefully bend the line out of the way to avoid discharging the ac.
I did it by the instructions but it really didn't seem necessary especially for the smaller pulley setups.

Can’t wait to see what kinda of power you get. Already have injectors and all just need the super charger. Lol

Hmmm...I am thinking I need a different intake.

Not necessarily a new intake, but I do need to swap out the piping due to angle differences...may just get a CAI instead.

Also considering going straight to a 3.15" pulley.

Upgrade/apply desires parts now so u don’t have to pull it apart or retune it later.

Upgrade/apply desires parts now so u don’t have to pull it apart or retune it later.

That is what I am thinking. I am reading conflicting info about whether or not the 3.15" pulley needs to be cooled though. Definitely don't have the funds to shell out for an aftercooler any time soon. Hell, switching to a CAI is stretching it.

Glad to see everything made it safely. It should work with your current intake. The kit is designed to connect just like stock. I had both the k&n short ram and aem cai, both fit fine even with the zdx spacer.

As for cooling I've always read you need a cooler for anything smaller than the 3.6". Is the car gonna blow up instantly without it? No but I would be concerned about longevity.
Also the tune would have to pull a lot of timing to be safe without a cooler. Probably wouldnt gain much power over the 3.6"

Glad to see everything made it safely. It should work with your current intake. The kit is designed to connect just like stock. I had both the k&n short ram and aem cai, both fit fine even with the zdx spacer.

As for cooling I've always read you need a cooler for anything smaller than the 3.6". Is the car gonna blow up instantly without it? No but I would be concerned about longevity.
Also the tune would have to pull a lot of timing to be safe without a cooler. Probably wouldnt gain much power over the 3.6"

That is pretty much the conclusion I am coming to. I will consult with whatever tuner I decide to go with to get their input as well.

Did just come across this from Vit though:

Q: Do I need an after cooler for the 3.15 pulley?

A: I've run the 3.15 pulley without cooling, it is OK if you have 93 octane, anything less and it sucks.

If you can find a way to swing cooling I would recommend it. Obviously I don’t have the ct setup on my 9th but from my experience with blowers on my other civic they don’t dissipate heat well. Once it gets heat soaked it will stay that way even with cool intake charge running through it and staying out of boost.

If you can find a way to swing cooling I would recommend it. Obviously I don’t have the ct setup on my 9th but from my experience with blowers on my other civic they don’t dissipate heat well. Once it gets heat soaked it will stay that way even with cool intake charge running through it and staying out of boost.

Yeah, the more I read, the more I realize I should stick with the 3.6" until I can save some cash for cooling.

It is too bad Vit isn't selling an aftercooler any more.

Back