Stealth's 2012 Si Sedan Build

im not saying the RBC ported or not isnt a Cool or beneficial mod. im just saying that what benefits you get arent all hyped to what the community thinks unless done right, cut and ported! secondly, i also think theres other options out there for intake manifolds that would be a better fit for our k24z7

I completely agree. Choosing an intake manifold for the k24z7 comes down to 2 things: 1) How do you drive the car on a daily basis 2) What are your plans for the car down the road. Seeing as how I am looking to get cams down the road, the RBC is a must and is can flow more efficiently on the top end. There are many manifold options for the car that have been tested and work such as the RBC/SKUNK2/RRC, etc. Determining which one is a better fit completely falls into the category of how you drive the car on a daily basis and where do you want the power band to be. With my old setup, it would scream up until 6k rpm and then kind of plateau until redline. The new setup continues to build power all the way to 7.6k and doesn't die off with new found power on the top end. I could have cut the water jacket off the old fuel injector base to help heat soak with the OEM setup, but I was almost tapped out on intake modifications. Cams typically provide power in the top end and I needed an RBC/SKUNK2 manifold to really take advantage of that. Wasn't an easy decision, but after talking with both KMOD and Axion Industries they both told me the same thing: If I want to make big power N/A down the road, a different manifold was necessary. I had the option to buy skunk2 or rbc and based on various back to back testing, the ported RBC flows just as well if not better. The only thing left to do is have the water bypass done to it and possibly have the plenum ported. Every little bit helps.

2006-08 acura tsx manual runs the RBB manifold with is a cast intake manifold supplementing the same amount of
I completely agree. Choosing an intake manifold for the k24z7 comes down to 2 things: 1) How do you drive the car on a daily basis 2) What are your plans for the car down the road. Seeing as how I am looking to get cams down the road, the RBC is a must and is can flow more efficiently on the top end. There are many manifold options for the car that have been tested and work such as the RBC/SKUNK2/RRC, etc. Determining which one is a better fit completely falls into the category of how you drive the car on a daily basis and where do you want the power band to be. With my old setup, it would scream up until 6k rpm and then kind of plateau until redline. The new setup continues to build power all the way to 7.6k and doesn't die off with new found power on the top end. I could have cut the water jacket off the old fuel injector base to help heat soak with the OEM setup, but I was almost tapped out on intake modifications. Cams typically provide power in the top end and I needed an RBC/SKUNK2 manifold to really take advantage of that. Wasn't an easy decision, but after talking with both KMOD and Axion Industries they both told me the same thing: If I want to make big power N/A down the road, a different manifold was necessary. I had the option to buy skunk2 or rbc and based on various back to back testing, the ported RBC flows just as well if not better. The only thing left to do is have the water bypass done to it and possibly have the plenum ported. Every little bit helps.
for sure i wonder how much its gonna cost to cut the rbc open and have it ported more?!

The problem is, without cams, you're approaching the flow limit of the exhaust side which doesn't have vtec or vtc. So once you hit that point it doesn't matter how much more you do to the intake side.

The problem is, without cams, you're approaching the flow limit of the exhaust side which doesn't have vtec or vtc. So once you hit that point it doesn't matter how much more you do to the intake side.

You're absolutely right. The k24z7 flows just fine on the intake side, but where we're extremely limited is the exhaust side of the head. What this head needs it a multi-angle valve job with porting/polishing the chambers at a minimum. Swapping the k20 head to our block is not an easy undertaking. i only know of one individual that's successfully done it in a 9thgen and cost him a fortune to do it correctly. If memory services me correctly, he ended up dynoing around 250-260 whp.

You're absolutely right. The k24z7 flows just fine on the intake side, but where we're extremely limited is the exhaust side of the head. What this head needs it a multi-angle valve job with porting/polishing the chambers at a minimum. Swapping the k20 head to our block is not an easy undertaking. i only know of one individual that's successfully done it in a 9thgen and cost him a fortune to do it correctly. If memory services me correctly, he ended up dynoing around 250-260 whp.
If any manufacturers are listening we need aftermarket heads for our cars. Muscle car owners can buy aftermarket heads all day long... Still for the money I feel the best bet is the cte supercharger. Get the desired power levels and retains stock power curve.

look what FedEx just dropped off. 13 lbs and the picture doesn't do it justic on how small it is.

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
I'd be happy to have a nice kit to put a k20 head on. Any aftermarket head and header kit would also be awesome.

Last edited:
If any manufacturers are listening we need aftermarket heads for our cars. Muscle car owners can buy aftermarket heads all day long... Still for the money I feel the best bet is the cte supercharger. Get the desired power levels and retains stock power curve.
CTE setup is outperformed by the kraftwerks s/c kit

CTE setup is outperformed by the kraftwerks s/c kit
Depends. Cte kit comes on fully at a lower RPM. There's a little bit of lag with the kraftwerks. Your talking a roots style SC vs a centrifugal (aka belt driven turbo) . Also the Cte kit will hold up to more abuse than the kraftwerks.

wow, i can't believe it's been this long since i've posted an update on the car. Since my last post, I've swapped out my rbc for a fully ported unit (cut plenum, tb inlet, runners), coolant bypass (water jacket cut off). Retuned by Iketh. Wilwood big brake kit (28.6 lbs unsprung weight loss). Also replaced my 23.6 lb Yokohama YK580 tires with new 19 lb Hankook Ventus Evo2's. New numbers: 230 whp / 198 tq. I'll try to post the new tq curves in the next day or two. I have them on my phone, just got to get them over to the computer. Now for e85...

After we uncovered that my original dyno was skewed due to smaller diameter tires, the new figures averages around 222 whp/191 tq. That was with an RBC with only ported runners and tb inlet. With full bolt ons (non-rbc) i was 214 whp/ 191 tq. Now with fully ported rbc/coolant bypass setup, i'm 230whp/198tq. the gain in torque in the mid range was huge. i have before and after tq graphs showing the difference between practically stock rbc and fully ported rbc.

Any reason why you switched from Vittuned to Iketh? Haven't really heard anything about that guy yet.

Any reason why you switched from Vittuned to Iketh? Haven't really heard anything about that guy yet.

I switched to Iketh for several reasons. 1) he's extremely reputable in the Florida civic community for great tunes, good reliable power and excellent customer service. 2) When e-tuning with him, i don't have to pay for a priority tune, and still get new cals within 1-2 hours of submission of datalogs 3) his retune service is cheaper 4) works one on one with you to guide you through the process, answer questions, etc. Vit did offer feedback as well, but Keith's timeliness in his responses was an added plus. Both tuners are good, but for me, Iketh was the better option for the long run. Hopefully that helps.

Update: Notice car was misfiring in my final datalog pulls and purchased new plugs (not yet installed). Also working with Humble performance on receiving the first bolt on megaphone setup which yielded +4 whp/+4 tq on their test car. Last but not least, working on purchasing all storage tanks so that I can store E85 in bulk. Once setup, then I'll switch to E85. Combine with new plugs, megaphone and E85, I'm hoping to easily break 240 whp mark.

Back