Sunofwolf Random Banter Containment Thread

This looks like another vote for the rv6 downpipe with just enough clearance 1/2 inch more than the 3" downpipe.
It's really looking much better for the catted rv6 then the 3" downpipe. At least a $100 cheaper than 3" down pipe, 1/2inch more clearance and less noise. 3" might gain a very small amount of power, but not enough for the negative's and you need a $150 rmm too.

Ive read the engine mount also prevents downpipes from cracking. Not sure how true it is. Just get the mount. $150 isn't much.

Ya, I tend to agree RMM do a lot and will give the pipe more clearance and keep the engine from moving too much. I am still researching the 2.5 and 3" downpipes with cats.

How about this deal cnt racing v2 3" bellmounth Header with catted downpipe. The cat is the one you want 200 metal racing. $$399 free shipping. this beats the vr6 in price and size.

you know that catted version is $550 -way too much.

Well, here we go again. Some part is too expensive for XXX reason(s). Good, quality, parts tend to cost a bit more. While I'll admit, an exhaust isn't exactly all that complicated, $550 for a quality version (and, with a Cat) is actually a reasonable price. A lot more goes into it than just throwing some weld wire on a pipe and calling it a day. The type of metal used, the quality of the welder (the person doing the work), where it is made, shipping, fitment on the car, etc. It all adds up.

I think I put just a cheap downpipe on the srt-4 and it still is working after 5yrs. But your right I have to look a bit more on if its a good part

That was my understanding as well. It's not due to the mount not being strong enough, but due to there just not being enough clearance after stepping up to 3".

I have some pictures and a video of how close it is somewhere I'll tag you in it when I find them.

It sits about .5" from the subframe.

WP_20150507_18_06_10_Raw.jpg

I did have better pictures but I believe I accidentally deleted that album or something. There is more space between the steering thing I took that pick from below looking upward at an angle.

rv6 looks like my best option. does the rv6 bolt up to the stock catback? I shouldn't need a RMM maybe. that cnt china downpipe might rust fast.:bleh:

Who has cheap Chinese exhaust? Yes! the 2.5", 2.75" and the 3" bolt up to the factory exhaust. And so you know the RV6 runs the same route and is just as close. I ran my DP without a rear motor mount for more than 40k miles with no issues I would get the full Hasport motor mount kit anyway.

cnt is china downpipe-so no war and cheap metal. I think the rv6 downpipe is my best option with the stock catback. aftermarket catback add only 5%. The CAI might add 10% and rv6 85%, aftermarket catback maybe 5%. I don't want a noisy car just a little more power and sound. With a tune, I might be right at 200HP. add a 24 rear sway bar and drive the car all done.:lildevil:

I don't want a noisy car

WHAT!?

tumblr_p8her8KR3m1wba83ho1_400.gifv

I am going to look for a stock catback from a 2014-2015 Honda si-less noise and plenty of flow and cheap and won't rattle.:joke::stickpokesmiley::wheee:

How about a Yonaka with 3" piping catback $329? I am not going to pay over $600 for a catback.:rotfl:

Back