Sunofwolf Random Banter Containment Thread

This makes me wonder if there's a toilet modding community that focuses on displacing the most gallons of water.

perhaps this is a new thread about toilets and how to max the flush, a special water pump tuning is req to make sure its tuned to the toilet. I saw the max power from a 2.5 pipe is 230HP and a 3" is 330HP, 3.5 would be 430HP I would guess 4" would be 530HP. That means a rv6 downpipe is all I need and the stock catback would work fine.

How much HP from a acuity air filter kit and a rv6 2.5 catted down pipe and etune will get me? I figure about 198HP. Leaving the stock catback and adding the rv6-catted-people have said it works pretty good and not too noisy. The rv6 right now is $419 till the end of month. I open up the air intake and add a rv6 would make a nice combination with a etune. Both ends would work better. I could add a Q300 but I think it may not give me much more power and maybe hard to install correctly. RMM is on my list too and a 24 sway bar.

acuity air intake 18HP that's really good. How about a rv6 catted down pipe with a stock catback? I saw a dyno that's said it added 13Hp, but then I have a etune to use how much could that add? It looks like this simple setup would be good for 200+HP>
That cost $1040- for all three rv6,acuity, etune. Not including having to pay a mechanic to help me install this stuff-I need a lift to get the car in the air. A rmm is also needed, maybe a top one too. Well this project is not going to be done till I get a new inspection sticker even though it should still pass with these mods.:box:

it doesn't add up with one mod to the next. You can't add what one part makes and add what another part makes and expect to see them be a total horsepower gain. If one says it will make 10hp and another part does 14hp, you don't get 24 by installing both. You may only see 16-18 total with the 2 together? It all depends on the parts being used and the tune. Rv6 has their own dyno on the downpipe, so take it for what it's worth. That would also be tuned on their results. Both acuity and rv6 would be advertising gains with a tune to achieve those numbers. They didn't just slap the part on and get those increases. That's with a custom tune.

h9KpxqP.jpg

Ya, I saw that dyno too on the rv6-it leave's out how they tested it. But my theory is actually these two mods should work very well together. You add more air and add less restriction with the exhaust, this combo should make a major difference with a etune. The etune brings these parts working together correctly making the engine quite a bit more power around 200HP. That's about 15% more. I like that rv6 200 metal catted piece. rv6 has a racing cat that saves weight and is not very restrictive like those two very ugly stock cats. The rv6 has been tested very hard and doesn't fail. I am concerned of the 3" downpipe's especially on installation and weight and extra stress on these pipes-they have to have a rmm too. Also the 3" downpipe might be very noisy. Just so many thing's:banghead: can go wrong.:squirrel::worms:

Ya, I saw that dyno too on the rv6-it leave's out how they tested it. But my theory is actually these two mods should work very well together. You add more air and add less restriction with the exhaust, this combo should make a major difference with a etune. The etune brings these parts working together correctly making the engine quite a bit more power around 200HP. That's about 15% more. I like that rv6 200 metal catted piece. rv6 has a racing cat that saves weight and is not very restrictive like those two very ugly stock cats. The rv6 has been tested very hard and doesn't fail. I am concerned of the 3" downpipe's especially on installation and weight and extra stress on these pipes-they have to have a rmm too. Also the 3" downpipe might be very noisy. Just so many thing's:banghead: can go wrong.:squirrel::worms:
I don't know who tells you false information. You don't need a RMM to run 3" DP it does help with wheel hop a little and the strength of the 3" is the same exact as the 2.5" just because you add .5" does not mean it will instantly be weak.

You are also not going to get 200 whp with the CAI and a 2.5" catted DP maybe 175-180 whp.

It looks bad because the acuity intake dyno on that Facebook page is claiming 187hp by itself.

Look through the 200+ whp thread and see what it took for people to hit those numbers. If they didn’t post their mods in the post, they may have later in the thread or their build thread/profile info.

acuity is a long tube type air filter cold air from the fender. It's really getting cool air there. Short rams are not a good idea-the stock setup is better. The long tube helps ram air into the engine. I think my figure maybe correct vr6 catted, CAI and tune should be right at 200HP. I am still looking at the 3" down pipe but they are more dough and I haven't seen what type of cat they are using. The cat you want is the metal 200 race. It may take a while to figure this stuff out, I don't want a noisy car either. I do expect more sound.

I used a Full-Race catless downpipe and my car was not loud. On cold day's at cold start it would be a little noisy but only for a few seconds. Call the manufacturer they will tell you what cat they are using.

Screenshot_20191209-070913_Samsung Internet.jpg

206 with q300 so you might be able to squeeze 200 whp out of the 2.5" DP but I also don't know if that is catless tho.

Looks like almost exactly 200HP, I was looking at 3" down pipe but they want so much dough for one. the rv6 catted is $419 on sale for the end of month. rv6 down pipe catted would be very light and have extra room install wise might be a excellent match and a little less noisy. It's mostly those two cats choking out the exhaust-the cats are extremely heavy too. The mods would add 15% more power which isn't too bad. I still would add a rmm at least and maybe the top one too. I figure the cat would make it lose maybe 3HP or less-its a metal race cat almost like its not there. I have one on my SRT-4 which is a thermal brand 3" excellent with a cat that does almost nothing-very nice sounding, it has survived maine salt for 6yrears as well as a 3" downpipe. SRT-4 is at around 300HP+ on the front wheels.

I don't know who tells you false information. You don't need a RMM to run 3" DP it does help with wheel hop a little and the strength of the 3" is the same exact as the 2.5" just because you add .5" does not mean it will instantly be weak.

You are also not going to get 200 whp with the CAI and a 2.5" catted DP maybe 175-180 whp.

Everything I've ever read says you need the RMM so the Down pipe doesn't hit the frame.

Everything I've ever read says you need the RMM so the Down pipe doesn't hit the frame.
That was my understanding as well. It's not due to the mount not being strong enough, but due to there just not being enough clearance after stepping up to 3".

That was my understanding as well. It's not due to the mount not being strong enough, but due to there just not being enough clearance after stepping up to 3".
This looks like another vote for the rv6 downpipe with just enough clearance 1/2 inch more than the 3" downpipe.
It's really looking much better for the catted rv6 then the 3" downpipe. At least a $100 cheaper than 3" down pipe, 1/2inch more clearance and less noise. 3" might gain a very small amount of power, but not enough for the negative's and you need a $150 rmm too.

Back