Sunofwolf Random Banter Containment Thread

Lights stay on, no wonder so many battery's died!

I fixed it, don't know why I couldn't get the light off. Cured itself in morning. Just too dark out to see anything maybe Black car not the best color:flame::turbospin: LOL! Battery did go way down though back on tiny charger put back in Garage seems I have trouble with all these gadgets.

Did you by chance have the door open while trying to turn the Map light off?

Also I put an Optima battery in mine it seems to hold up well.

maybe that's what happened, strange things happen perhaps its haunted by a owl:banana whip2:! I notice that these cars have ways of draining the battery like if you turn your security alarm with a Key a red light starts flashing-a small power drain if you just let it sit how long does it take to drain the battery. Perhaps the car computer also drains the battery. I put the car back on the tiny charger, don't want to lose my battery as its a fresh NAPA battery. I think the car has had two battery already replaced in 6 years which seems like a lot. Honda battery weighs 23.5 and a SRT-4 is 26 pds.

Last edited:
Is there no timer on the interior light to shut them off when door is open? the srt-4 has a timer to shut of interior lights if door is open. It looks like I had the door open when I tried to shut the interior light off that did not work. On a ford you can shut off the interior lights even with the door open-it has three positions on its switch. Must have forgot a Honda is not a dodge or a ford.

The top light has the 3 option's but the map light has the settings in the Imid. I don't believe you can set it to off but you can set the timer to 0 when the doors are closed. I can check mine when I get off from work in a few hours.

I will checked that out good tip. I am not use to Honda's at all, never actually owed one before but my mom did buy a accord standard a long time ago, I did like that car. I had to add Nomorobo to my phone, its free for me because I have spectrum. Got three Robo calls, I can't help screwing with them so they send me more of them:lildevil:

So far this battery has held up well even when I left one of my Map lights on for 2 days by accident. But I have thought about that since most of my driving is short distance.

20190404_234655.jpg

Sorry for the horrible picture it was really dark and hard to focus blindly.

But the switch to turn the map light off is on the right not in the Imid settings. You can turn it off for the door opening and can still click it on if needed.

The over head dome light is the same with the 3 settings.

Checked my battery tender-battery is fully charged right to the top! With all the electric stuff this car has I think my 17 pd racing battery is best saved for the dodge srt-4 :squirrel:

tranny magnetic drain plug is not the same as a oil drain magnetic plug. notice the fat magnet, on the oil drain the magnet is much thinner. I have the Honda tranny oil and a carquest air filter, going to change:pinkdomokundance: it shortly! the NOMOROBO failed to stop phony calls:spaz:

Attachments

• P1011313.JPG
    P1011313.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
Changing the tranny oil Honda $7.88 or $16 for two qts today and putting in a New carquest air filter-very nice filter for $18.20. Dorman magnetic drain plug $8.20 too, tube of Loctic blue medium $5. Also cutting chain on VFR 800 putting on a new racing chain 520 with a bigger back spocket 48 $209. Gee the bike is costing more money. It's oil was changed before winter mobil 1 10-40 bike oil $40 and over sized platinum oil filter $9- carbon canister is removed:fistpump:bike has a 2 bos carbon muffler -extremely noisy too-wear ear plugs all times:joke:. $ need a new Helmet. may take of Nomorrob to get more robo calls LOL! Tranny oil changed, dorman magnetic drain plug is the wrong size, I send back. I used the old plug and crush washer-these things donot wear out .

Attachments

• P1011314.JPG
    P1011314.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
:hyper:You can fill the tranny from the top, this is the best way, if you fill from the bottom. You waste some of the expensive tranny fluid. FIll 2 qts from top and you got the perfect amount every time, just take the wheel off and tilt it down on the jack, you get all the oil out. At 17,800 the tranny oil was worn out for sure as it now shifts much better. Cost about $16+ don't buy the Honda crush washer either unless you see damage as its just a flat piece of metal that doesn't crush, add a little Loctite on drain plug too, the factory does use blue too. I recommend changing at 7500 miles and the auto magnet drain is different. I was not impressed by the cheap steel under Neath as it will rust very fast, add some under coat paint. Change the air filter too and spray throttle body cleaner.:vtec: I saw a cheap oil filter, replace with platinum Napa $5 now on sale, lowest price ever. I am using Napa oil too. And those dam over weight OEM rims weigh a ton. I bet you would increase gas mileage quite a bit getting lighter one's.:flame: Ordered a faster magnetic oil drain plug, china is going to take a month to ship the other one-I use that for next tranny drain seeing how its the same size.

Last edited:
I am buying new rims and summer HP tires-I donot like how heavy the OEM rims are. I could lose over 20pds of very bad weight with new rims. I don't want to change tires on rims all the time, the only solution is get aftermarket wheels-I will not be putting tnps sensors on them, tnps suks dockey d00-black tape on dash fix's idiot light.:tiny violin:How about a Drag Dr 9 at 18 pds a rim in 17x7 Discount tire, looking to run a 225 45 17 summer tire. saving 22pds of weight too.

Last edited:
Back