Supercharger vs Turbo

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
I am planning on making another upgrade to My SI. But at the moment I am really not sure if I want to go supercharged or Turbocharged. For the past few years I have been saying that I was going to get the CT-Engineering sc with the Vit After cooler. But at the same time I would love to be turbocharged. My biggest question is for all the people who are F/I what are some tips on your builds. Give me some pros and cons, or some good ideas I am mostly using the car as a daily driver so I am not looking to hit 500+ HP and I am mostly going to do drag racing.

For daily I would honestly suggest going with a supercharger. It won't net you as much peak HP, but the boost is almost instant and you will have a much flatter and more predictable torque curve, and it can still be fun at the strip.

I would want one that is going to be more predictable going though the rpm range, if used as a daily driver. I wouldn't want something to kick in while I'm near max speed for what ever turn I'm in.

For daily I would honestly suggest going with a supercharger. It won't net you as much peak HP, but the boost is almost instant and you will have a much flatter and more predictable torque curve, and it can still be fun at the strip.
That's why I was leaning towards the Supercharged set up. And what I am kinda seeing from some forms is right out of the box the Kraft is making more top end HP but less torque then the CT-Engineering but the ct makes a more solid power curve correct me if I am wrong.
But the set up I am looking at is the CT stage 2 with the 750 injector(do you think 750 is overkill?) from ProCivic. Then later on get the Vit after cooler.

I would want one that is going to be more predictable going though the rpm range, if used as a daily driver. I wouldn't want something to kick in while I'm near max speed for what ever turn I'm in.
I thought the full race turbo kit spooled up fast.

IMHO:

CTe - Solid kit, no aftercooler in basic setup. Install seems pretty straight forward.

KW - Everything you "need" in one blast, includes aftercooler. Good luck on getting all the parts the first time.

Turbo - Interesting option for 300-350hp builds, install more involved (drop subframe, etc.)

I still dont know myself, lol

When comparing the stage 2 CT to the Kraft. Dose anyone knows what kit makes more HP/Torque.
I know the website says the Stage 2 ct kit should put me around 270 whp, and the Kraft kit should put me around 330whp 240 Ft lbs. Was just wondering if anyone has done a Dyno pulls with just basically just the kit.(I have seen Vits page I would like to see some others to go off of)
And like the CT kit how you can add the Vit After cooler that helps add a few more is there much more that you can do to these kit other than fuel or Pulley's?

I'd say supercharger, perfect for a daily driver and still tons of fun. Plus, simple install.

So with the CT kit I should be around 265-270, before the ZDX throttle body 2.95 pulley and the Vit after cooler. I am probably going to wait a little while longer to get the Vit after cooler.

But after the vit after coole, pulley's ZDX throttle body, and E-85 will the Ct make more power then the Kraft's kit?

you can go e85 gas like sleepingpanda
I spoke with Panda and he told me about his build. He has the 1500 injector's with E-85. I was planning on running E-85 lucky for me it's about 1.50 cheaper then 93. Either that or they have 110 at are shell station. But that is about 5.99 a gallon or more.

Panda said he gained another 30hp or so when he went e85.

I have the 3.15 pulley with no cooling, ZDX throttle body and PRL's SRI, and I'm making about 280-285. A buddy of mine has the aftercooler, 2.95 pulley, and a CAI and is making 330.

I have the 3.15 pulley with no cooling, ZDX throttle body and PRL's SRI, and I'm making about 280-285. A buddy of mine has the aftercooler, 2.95 pulley, and a CAI and is making 330.

Where are you at? I'm in FL and I'd be concerned my IATs would bogg me down without the aftercooler.

Ah ok I was subtracting from Vits post of his after cooler but he may not have installed the ZDX Throttle body, and the 2.95" pulley yet. What size Injectors are you using?

Back