Supercharger vs Turbo

Panda said he gained another 30hp or so when he went e85.
Yeah he has got me sold on The CT kit I have not ran across anyone with the craft SC. Other than the guy the won ROTM. I am curious on the end results of which one makes the most power.

Where are you at? I'm in FL and I'd be concerned my IATs would bogg me down without the aftercooler.
Chicago here so it does get hot in the summers. My tuner said he made the cam timing a little conservative just to be safe or else I would've been over 290.

Ah ok I was subtracting from Vits post of his after cooler but he may not have installed the ZDX Throttle body, and the 2.95" pulley yet. What size Injectors are you using?
1000cc DW injectors

Ok so 1000cc should be plenty then right? Did you also upgrade your clutch and are you planning on getting vits after cooler?
Yea 1000 is plenty unless you're planning to go with e85 later. No clutch upgrade. And maybe in the future but we'll see about the aftercooler.

I am probably going to stick with 93. I live in North Carolina where its warm year round. And during the summer it's usually 95-100 degree F. And by so stuff I read superchargers run really hot. So most of the nights I go to the drag strip it will be around 85 degree's. If I where to run the 2.95" pulley with out the vit after cooler will it harm my engine?

I am probably going to stick with 93. I live in North Carolina where its warm year round. And during the summer it's usually 95-100 degree F. And by so stuff I read superchargers run really hot. So most of the nights I go to the drag strip it will be around 85 degree's. If I where to run the 2.95" pulley with out the vit after cooler will it harm my engine?
There are people in arizona and whatnot with 100+ temps all the time. He'll tune your engine based on how it's running. It's not a generic tune he gives you.

@323 I also wanted to ask how many miles have you driven on the stock clutch and have you driven it hard? And when you installed the SC was if fairly easy to install?

I looked at the install process on both the CT and Kraft and the CT seems to be an easy installation vs the Kraft.

It's been about 10k miles with the sc and stock clutch, I don't drive it hard often but do get on it once in a while and so far there's no slipping that I can tell.

Install was pretty easy, just as tough as the RBC installation I think. The included directions are very thorough, took me about 10 across 2 days.

I am hoping to do it in 1 day but at least over the weekend. And thanks for the info once I get my kit I might ask a few questions if I get stuck at any point.

Don't worry I have been in the same situation except not a bike. Everytime I get close to having enough to spend something has always came up. But I promised myself I was going to buy something for myself by the first of the year even if I have to take a loan out for it.

I am hoping to do it in 1 day but at least over the weekend. And thanks for the info once I get my kit I might ask a few questions if I get stuck at any point.
Yea of course don't hesitate to ask questions.
Honestly I remember the hardest part was putting the belt back on, that definitely requires 2 people.

@323 thanks bud. I know I seen a video of a guy showing tips on Kraft kit and he was saying the belts where one of the hardest parts to that kit. And if you turn the pulley the wrong way at all it will ruin the SC is that true for the CT kit?

I have no idea, but I just didn't turn the pulley at all

If you don't already have them, you'll need supporting mods. Catless down pipe 3", 4bar MAP sensor if going with the 3.15 or smaller pulley, colder plugs (1422), cold air intake (prl or s2), rear torque mount.

I did my install alone in about 22 hours over a three day period. That included a stage 2 setup and DP, fuel pump, plugs, injected, map sensor, and aftercooler. I was completely stock. Wife helped when I needed to tension the belt.

If you don't already have them, you'll need supporting mods. Catless down pipe 3", 4bar MAP sensor if going with the 3.15 or smaller pulley, colder plugs (1422), cold air intake (prl or s2), rear torque mount.

I did my install alone in about 22 hours over a three day period. That included a stage 2 setup and DP, fuel pump, plugs, injected, map sensor, and aftercooler. I was completely stock. Wife helped when I needed to tension the belt.

The downpipe doesn't have to be catless and 3.5" SRI would work as well.

Back