Supercharger vs Turbo

I have the Hondata FlashPro, skunk2 CAI and the Full-Race DP. I am probably going to do the bundle stage 2 kit from Vits website with the After cooler.

if you want alot more power go turbo, if you want a bit more ease of mind and less maintenence go SC. let me tell yah im at around 400Whp+ and it gets boring fast! im already going to build the motor and shoot for 700....thats the nice thing with turbo if you want more power you can....300whp can be fun at first but like i said youll want to be faster...especially with all these new v8s out...this car is a monster from a roll..

if you want alot more power go turbo, if you want a bit more ease of mind and less maintenence go SC. let me tell yah im at around 400Whp+ and it gets boring fast! im already going to build the motor and shoot for 700....thats the nice thing with turbo if you want more power you can....300whp can be fun at first but like i said youll want to be faster...especially with all these new v8s out...this car is a monster from a roll..
How do you like the PRL kit?

Last edited:

I like your idea, it is a lot of fun. But let's be realistic for a second. None of that makes sense for a daily driver.
To be honest, I want to know if you are constantly spinning tires in 1st and 2nd with the turbo, as I suspect you would. And if you have had any S/C kit, I would like to know how it compares, in your opinion!

I like your idea, it is a lot of fun. But let's be realistic for a second. None of that makes sense for a daily driver.
To be honest, I want to know if you are constantly spinning tires in 1st and 2nd with the turbo, as I suspect you would. And if you have had any S/C kit, I would like to know how it compares, in your opinion!

I think I am going to go with the Full-Race or PRL turbo kit I don't think I will be Happy with the Supercharger kits. At least with the turbo kits if I want more power I can always get a better turbo unlike the SC you are stuck around 330 whp.
So far I was thinking about the PRL kit with the precision 62/66 turbo but I am also leaning towards the Full-Race kit. I am just waiting on to see some other builds.

do you realize how few cars out there even make 330 to the wheels? That's effectively double your stock hp to the wheels.
I did not mean that it was not much HP. Just now I am planning on getting another DD and would like to aim higher than the Supercharger range maybe around 425-450 range.

What part doesn't make sense?? With either kit you will spin 1 and 2nd guaranteed. With some really good radials you may hook with the blower. But once you start going 400whp+ they're pretty useless.

What part doesn't make sense?? With either kit you will spin 1 and 2nd guaranteed. With some really good radials you may hook with the blower. But once you start going 400whp+ they're pretty useless.

From all the videos I have watched, every turbo kit making more than 400 HP just spins the tires in 1st and 2nd - sometimes 3rd - regardless of what tires or size of tires you are running. The SC kit videos do not show them spinning tires constantly in 1st and 2nd - certainly if you try, or are taking off like you're at the drag strip, they spin too. My point is SC power levels are much more manageable, where as putting 400+ HP on a FWD car via turbo only results in spinning tires - basically you will hardly even get to experience the benefit of the extra power because our possible weight-to-tire combination is limited. Personally, I don't see the point in getting 500 HP out of my car because it requires boost levels that will dramatically shorten the life of my engine (short of rebuilding engine internals - if you're doing that, mad props) and can't be handled by our drive train.

Keep in mind my car is a daily driver, so unless you are making a track-only build that much power goes entirely to waste in our cars, IMO.

From all the videos I have watched, every turbo kit making more than 400 HP just spins the tires in 1st and 2nd - sometimes 3rd - regardless of what tires or size of tires you are running. The SC kit videos do not show them spinning tires constantly in 1st and 2nd - certainly if you try, or are taking off like you're at the drag strip, they spin too. My point is SC power levels are much more manageable, where as putting 400+ HP on a FWD car via turbo only results in spinning tires - basically you will hardly even get to experience the benefit of the extra power because our possible weight-to-tire combination is limited. Personally, I don't see the point in getting 500 HP out of my car because it requires boost levels that will dramatically shorten the life of my engine (short of rebuilding engine internals - if you're doing that, mad props) and can't be handled by our drive train.

Keep in mind my car is a daily driver, so unless you are making a track-only build that much power goes entirely to waste in our cars, IMO.
Lol you're basically repeating what I said. if youre wanting to daily the car supercharger is the route to go. Like I said in any F/I on these cars you will spin 1 and 2nd...NOW with let's say a 300whp supercharged 9th with really sticky tires I can see you maybe hooking in those fears but it's a gamble with fwd. Keep in mind the k24 is a very strong engine and will hold 12psi just fine for a long time as long as all the maintenance is done on the car properly it's the transmission that you need to worry about.

I have still been in a fight with going to turbo or SC,
turbo I will only drive on the drag strip/track and there SC it will be a cool DD. I also have a 94 GS-R I am building as well but she is my full time road car no street time for her.
My main thing is I spent a lot of money on 2 Brand new SI off the show room floor why not respect them:woot:.

I have still been in a fight with going to turbo or SC,
turbo I will only drive on the drag strip/track and there SC it will be a cool DD. I also have a 94 GS-R I am building as well but she is my full time road car no street time for her.
My main thing is I spent a lot of money on 2 Brand new SI off the show room floor why not respect them:woot:.
I'd recommend save your money and get the type r. Unless you absolutely love the 9th gen

I wish i could get the type R but I am ready to have this car paid off. And I don't want another Car payment for a long time.

Back