Tail of the dragon meet 2019

@PainIs4ThaWeak Bet you're lovin' those RE 71s, right?
I'm bringing another boring set of PSS, this time wrapped in 18" HFP wheels, matching the HFP suspension. But even with 100 octane race gas i'm only putting out half the ponies you do. I drove a "F" once... my first experience with an engine that used dilithium crystals.

Nice action for the video Webster... just makes me laugh how video quality is such bs... we all pay so much money for tv and most stuff is still in 720p which is like 15 years old tec... lol are you kidding me. I wish I could go though my life at the moment would not allow me to partake... To all those that will... Have fun drive hard and always be safe. I don't know how you guys plan on running this but 1 thing I used to do with a few guys was pick our spot and we'd have 1 person at our starting spot and 1 and our stopping part and they were on walkies or phones giving us the all clear and important info before our run... just my 2 cents... no matter what... be safe guy's and girls... keep the ride on your bikes and cars not in an ambulance or morgue.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your like verrzerrung have a good day

@PainIs4ThaWeak Bet you're lovin' those RE 71s, right?
I'm bringing another boring set of PSS, this time wrapped in 18" HFP wheels, matching the HFP suspension. But even with 100 octane race gas i'm only putting out half the ponies you do. I drove a "F" once... my first experience with an engine that used dilithium crystals.

Yea, they do pretty well in the dry.

"Dilithium Crystals", lol.

I sure hope those crystals don't break anytime soon. Parts are expensive for this thing.

And yea, for MAYBE ~240whp, the Accord moves out pretty decently for a daily. Has to be the gearing.

Listen up guys, the 2019 Dragon Meet will be the best one ever. Why? Because it's Under New Management --- me! :rotfl:
Whatever it is it will certainly be the least expensive, and that's saying a lot considering where you'll be staying:

https://watershedcabins.com/listings/big-swag-lodge/

If you look under the hood you'll find:

1) Fantastic access to Hwy 28 and all the great drives east (towards Waynesville) and south (to Franklin or Highlands) not to mention the Dragon itself.
2) 4 swanky private bedrooms, and enough open space in the living room/downstairs for a sea of air mattresses for those on a budget.

I also guarantee that THIS Meet -- the "MEET of MEATS"! -- will be the most fun. They'll be games, prizes and food fit for Kings! (scratch the cheap hotdog stuff)
'Cause i ain't driving 5300 miles from Cali and back unless this is one heckava party!

Now why would anyone stay at a cheap motel for $70/nt. if they can stay here for less?

Details to follow... but suffice it to say we need a core group of 4 ppl (or couples) who want (or need) the private bedrooms. 2 of those bedrooms appear to be gone already.
So if interested, express your interest before May 31 and be prepared to pony up a refundable deposit.

Obviously it's first come, first served on the bedrooms.

Cheers!

:hitit:

P.S. Our own financial wizard @webby, brilliant creator of 9thCivic and master of ones and zeros, will be handling all of our deposits through PP.

Cabin is pretty baller! I see a hot tub....that might entice @Nix to maybe come out of hiding.

:giggle:

To keep cost down the initial proposal is to arrive Monday Sept 2 (holiday) to that Thursday/Friday depending on work schedules.
Weekends double the cost. Maybe we could do that Friday only... depending on interest, cost.

Basically need 4 heavy hitters who want their own private bedroom "retreats" (sounds good, right)
@ $250 each max. If by some miracle @Nix comes out of solitary confinement, the 4 bedrooms would be taken by @Nomar06, @Nix, @PainIs4ThaWeak and yours truly.

Ultimately be sweet to have 6 - 8 and fill the menu with steak and lobster... or the delicacy of your choice. It's Mike's birthday after all. Last time we had Filet Mignon.

any further updates happening with the meet?

Looks like fun, I wish it was closer to where I am !

Thank you kindly for the likes Web, bauer311 and Verzerrung, Have an excellent day to you and all guy's and girl's

any further updates happening with the meet?
Been in touch with Chris who's been out of work. Good news he landed a very nice position as lead engineer for some jumbo jet project. Bad news is there's no vacation for a while... but he is very much interested when the time is right, probably in the spring. He's also willing to fly out and rent a car for a long weekend this fall.

Mike seems pretty solid but haven't chatted with him lately. He's typically good for a full week. My kind of guy.

All things considered might be best to re-schedule for next spring (late May?) when so many more are likely to make it. I'd like at least half dozen definites, which means having 8 - 10 interested. That would make a renting a large cabin feasible, and would also help to justify driving the 5000 miles from Cali. Hate to be driving alone ya know.

P.S. Noticed the 5w - 20 on sale again. Or was it the 0w - 20 you wanted?

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/Pennzoil-550045202-Ultra-Platinum-Synthetic/dp/B01MA4UAP5/ref=pd_rhf_se_s_rp_c_0_1/138-8628047-6837525?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01MA4UAP5&pd_rd_r=96be9160-0c71-4b81-81a9-df3a12f7809e&pd_rd_w=ASP1O&pd_rd_wg=lDI9g&pf_rd_p=4b985ee3-c51c-45b0-b742-d73501cbd701&pf_rd_r=4Y37713R27EPHC1Z0KRF&psc=1&refRID=4Y37713R27EPHC1Z0KRF

Back