Test pipe / 2nd cat delete

Last edited:
No need for flashpro right? And to be clear no lights thrown cel or anything ? Still going good? Sound kept same pitch even after settling

No need for flashpro , prob better with it but not a necessity. No cel. Sound is still good , slightly louder and deeper than stock.

So this deletes the 2nd cat? How many is there?? And isnt there a monitor in the cat? 02 sensor or any wires plugs or anything to be aware of

There is a dyno on test pipes not really this exact test pipe but it has a gain of 1whp and 2 lbs of torque i believe thats how u say it .... I dont no the diff between whp and hp ?? But yea anyways those are the gainst from test pipes on a dyno with no tune

So whats the difference between a test pipe and catless down pipe?

I was gana ask but iv asked like 30 questions already soo i let some1 else haha i believe a down pipe is like right off your headers and this is after the downpipe right before the exhaust .. Like a mid pipe some1 else mentioned a page or two back dont quote me if im wrong i just guess based on wat it looks like and where it goes ! Hha

Honestly i have no idea im so new to this... Like i said by the looks of this piece thats my guess cause a downpipe goes like under the engine and the pics iv seen of downpipes u can see from the engine like looking down from the open hood and this is completely under the car

The part where the cat would go after the DP can be a replaceable section with either a straight "test" pipe or a cat. Easily swappable for people who need a cat to pass inspection, don't want to run without one, hit track days and want the cat out for those sessions.

Oh ok. Didnt know there were 2 cats. I thought it just had 1 and it was a part of the downpipe

It really depends on the exhaust setup and how you want to run. Say you got a catless DP but needed to put one in for emissions or whatever. If the exhaust is setup for it you could swap this short section out for either the straight through "test pipe" or a high flow cat....

Best picture I could find to explain it.

images

No no lol its downpipe,cat section (tsudo cat delete if desired),then to "cat back" exhaust section!!!!!! Hes thinking of the intake section lol u gotta b under car to see exhaust !!!!!!!! Theres no exhaust manifold !!!!!! Lol

So say I wanna take out both my cats and have an aftermarket exhaust. Id have to get a catless downpipe, test pipe, and catback?

So say I wanna take out both my cats and have an aftermarket exhaust. Id have to get a catless downpipe, test pipe, and catback?
If you want to remove both cats get a catless downpipe. If you want to remove one cat get the test pipe or a catted downpipe.

aga3yje6.jpg

Looks fishy ... Its sticking out of the box??

be5e3a5a.jpg

Just bubble wrap? No insulation ?

emy2aze5.jpg

3ybugy7u.jpg

No inside weld?
asazavaz.jpg

Damaged?

yju9e9aj.jpg

That's how mine looked and installed with no issue.

Last edited:
tumusuma.jpg

Why does the exhaust have to get hot so fast but cool so slow .. Now all i can do is wait ...

Reactions: Nix
Back