Test Your Internet Speed.

WiFi in the office (where the router is) :giggle:

NhwKdhc.png

Good old Comcrap, there advertised speed is much faster..... Can't wait for Fiber to get here...
image.jpg

my ISP is suppose to be rolling out their gig service soon and i can not wait!

What router are you using?

There are alot of variables.

* Where in the house is the modem/router?
* How old is your house?
* Where are you using the iPad (in relation to the wireless router)?

No router, just the Comcast modem
House is from the 60's... I need to re-run the cable lines in the house and clean it up
My iPad is like 20 feet from the modem

I dislike Comcast with a passion so great I can't describe it... I should have quadruple checked with Verizon if they had FIOS here before I bought my house....

No router, just the Comcast modem
House is from the 60's... I need to re-run the cable lines in the house and clean it up
My iPad is like 20 feet from the modem

I dislike Comcast with a passion so great I can't describe it... I should have quadruple checked with Verizon if they had FIOS here before I bought my house....

Oh.. so you are using the shitty Comcast gateway (modem/router combo). I love my Asus RT-N66U router. I never have used the Comcast gateway (modem/router) but have heard it was shitty. I replaced my old Linksys wireless router with the Asus RT-N66U and my speeds double/tripled and also the coverage was WAY better.

What other issues are you having with Comcast besides the slow speeds? 30Mbps/6Mbps isn't bad. I wonder what you pay for.

Oh.. so you are using the shitty Comcast gateway (modem/router combo). I love my Asus RT-N66U router. I never have used the Comcast gateway (modem/router) but have heard it was shitty. I replaced my old Linksys wireless router with the Asus RT-N66U and my speeds double/tripled and also the coverage was WAY better.

What other issues are you having with Comcast besides the slow speeds? 30Mbps/6Mbps isn't bad. I wonder what you pay for.

When your used to a constant 25mbps/30mbps this speed sucks.... Advertised speed is 105mbp...... My issues with Comcrap are numerous, I am on my 2nd cable box in a year and half, my multi room DVR works sporadically, my sound occasionally just craps out and I have shut everything down and restart it and there customer service is useless....

^ Did you contact Comcast yet to have a tech come out and test the lines?

I spent 8 hours on the phone one day and was either on hold or talking to the wrong person...

I gave up on dealing with them and just keep calling Verizon to get FIOS out here

Back