Test Your Internet Speed.

Damn. At least you have the cable option.

One of the customers I support is moving to a new house soon on 15 acres and doesn't have any options. No FiOS. No cable.

Previous people used AT&T hotspot since cell service is good.
So i got online and chatted with an AT&T rep and found out that the fiber internet is available in the neighborhood we are moving to. So luckily I can just have my services moved over. They also added a promotion to my account so when I do move, it will lower my bill.

So i got online and chatted with an AT&T rep and found out that the fiber internet is available in the neighborhood we are moving to. So luckily I can just have my services moved over. They also added a promotion to my account so when I do move, it will lower my bill.

Hell Yeah! :brock: Win-Win!

So I did a little complaining to/about at&t on Twitter about my wifi and they contacted me about it. They did some checking on their end and said it was all fine which always seems to be the case. They were sending a tech out this weekend but I just got a call and they claim the fixed it already. So I did a speed test and it actually seemed to improve for me. Time will tell though if it continues to keep working.
Screenshot_20200917-201643_Speedtest.jpg

Consumer Cellular (using AT&T towers)

DAT upload speed lol

Screenshot_20200917-154358.png

Slow Upload = Meh

10152592038.png

So I finally got someone who knows what they are doing with at&t and he just install a fiber gateway on our system. It's fiber all the way to the gateway now. Here's my speeds over WiFi now.
Screenshot_20201003-140628_Speedtest.jpg

The old modem router they had me using would get 300-350 when it worked. But that was the problem, it would work for a few days then go to crap and only give me anywhere from 5-50 Mbps.

Looking into it, this new gateway is wifi 6 and also has 2 radios on the 5GHz band.

The tech said they just got these new ones about a month ago. The people I had talked to online told me there wasn't anything different than what I was using so it was a pleasant surprise when this guy said he had something new to try

On Verizon LTE not at home of course

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201002-073825.png
    Screenshot_20201002-073825.png
    177.6 KB · Views: 4
Verizon 5G.. crazy because this is like 3 miles from my house.

Edit: 3.1 miles driving.

Screenshot_20210101-113907.png

Now that's 5G download speeds! Compared to my "5G Verizon" speeds around me which are like 4G LTE speeds

Back