Photos THE Plasti-Dip Pics Thread :D

Yeah. I have to find some time. Im going to redo it just to put up a DIY and show how easy or not easy plasti comes off after being on for an extended period of time.

For the first picture, I debadged the Civic and I plasti dipped the emblem (without taking it off, if you want a clean emblem you must take it off while it's wet or else the dip will stick to the tape and mess up your finished product). I also plasti dipped my license plate frame.
The other pictures are a view of my plasti dipped hub caps. Notice that on the 4th picture the inside isn't plasti dipped so with my camera flash, you can see it but if you're passing by or looking at the car, it's not a big noticable difference. I've heard it's bad to get the dip inside the rest of your car so I took off the wheels and took the hub caps off so I can isolate it. Hope this helped you guys!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1,008.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    770.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    720.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Did you use any of the gloss on top of the black? I want to do this also but i want to try and match the hue of the black plastic as much as possible.

The black plasti-dip is very close to matching the black trims.

Did you use any of the gloss on top of the black? I want to do this also but i want to try and match the hue of the black plastic as much as possible.

No, I just used the normal black. I didn't put anything on top of it. You really need to look to see the difference.

Wow, you did it yourself?

Shaved the Civic emblem, plastidipped the H and leaving the Si. Here's the final coat of the plastidip. I'll post it on the car tomorrow, waiting for it all to try

2013-08-24 19.32.50.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You know you can do that with the emblem on, right? :D

Back