The rant thread

Nothing like getting drunk and chummy with the executive level management of a major American corporation. Then getting sage advice on how to spin responses at 1:00am as to not come across poorly to customers.

Not saying it’s a good thing or bad thing. Just that it happened. And I’m one of a few folks out on the stage having to answer those questions. “You follow what I say and you won’t get in trouble. First apologize about the situation and say you understand it’s a burden. Then tell them you’re working on proving a solution.”

Last edited:
Maybe this is a better place to complain about my pool install.

so now the company is blaming me 100% at fault for the wall shifting out causing the middle to be lower than the rest of the pool even though i have pictures evidence showing cement falling apart before i did it. an they came to this conclusion after digging this out but they're still fixing it for no extra cost. make sense right?
20221005_174107.jpg

Sounds like this wonderful company is trying to rush to get you off their hands as quickly as possible. I would keep a sharp eye out for anything they might to do rush this repair

Here you can see the trench I dug for the gas and electrical. Any engineers on here that can tell me if I caused this? I dug approx 1 foot down and pulled the wire out by hand because they buried it deeper when they back filled.
Screenshot_20220903-095701_Amazon Photos.jpg

20221004_095102.jpg

Got a call today that they're filling it with water. Little concerned that there's less back fill than when I dug the trench and there's no cement support anymore.
20221007_165558.jpg20221007_165224.jpg

The pool saga continues. Got this email from a woman that's currently batteling the same company for similar issues. This email was about my wife and I. False accusations and slander to another customer. Good company right?
received_1175340670062120.jpeg

Keep that for your records for sure! That is extremely slanderous and speaks volumes that they are willing and open to talk about previous customers that way.

They could have easily and very diplomatically answered that and avoided more of a **** storm. How big of a company is this?

Keep that for your records for sure! That is extremely slanderous and speaks volumes that they are willing and open to talk about previous customers that way.

They could have easily and very diplomatically answered that and avoided more of a **** storm. How big of a company is this?
Pretty big, installing a lot of pools, one post on facebook said they have over 100 pools to install this year alone.

Someone broke into my work van last Wednesday. Broken passenger door glass and both my dash and security door destroyed. Nothing taken but a DeWalt Bag (Empty) and a Touch Screen Double DIN. Couple rants here. Who still steals radios?! Also, the company I work for recently spent a ton of money on Cloud Based Dash Cams that not only allow monitoring of footage but also driving habits. The one thing they don’t do is record if the vehicle is off. You’d think they’d enable some function where it records if the alarm is going off or glass is broken. C’mon now.

So once and a while I like to look up reviews on the pool company that installed my pool. Today was my lucky day. This newest review which was only 9 minutes old is from the OWNER of the company that he's reviewing as a 3rd party. Blew my mind. It was taken down minutes after, be it by him or by google since it's a false review.

I'd like to mention that this guy told other customers that the review I made and was forced to remove to get my pool fixed was fake.

1000000285.png

Three new reviews posted at the same time today. Pretty sad this guy is paying for fake reviews too. I can't wait till he's out of my life.
1000000287.png

There are days I feel like I have Impostor Syndrome. I recently took on an additional role at work and am fully qualified for it. Now I have to perform a task in that role and completely feel like I’m over my head and second guess my abilities.

There are days I feel like I have Impostor Syndrome. I recently took on an additional role at work and am fully qualified for it. Now I have to perform a task in that role and completely feel like I’m over my head and second guess my abilities.

Damn.. you got this! :bighug:

Side note: get extra pay for the additional role?

Back