Tires and VTEC sticker

Okay so lies my frustration in the car community. Some people say to just upgrade the brake pads which I've done in the past which is easy. Other people tell me to upgrade everything about my braking system. I don't know what to do. So when my brakes wear out I have no idea what to do. Now you said before to also increase my handling power to upgrade my sway bar in the rear?

EDIT: at the top i know... the "community" generally tends to be stance guys lately. If you want to experience car guys who drive, come to a Dragon meet. Upgrade everything you want and you will get owned by a guy in a completely stock car. Just try and keep up with @Nomar06. God help you if he has decent tires and brake pads. The guy kills it and murders his stock equipment. If anyone should have a suggestion its him. Monster. I won't even mention the faster guys! hahahahahah

Start with pads and fluid.

I didn't upgrade my calipers and rotors until I started melting the piston boots and pushing the piston through the backing plates on the pads. I had to pull off at the bottom of a downhill run because my brakes were smoking and didn't work anymore. That was with pads and fluid on tiny stock calipers. Trust me, good pads go a long ways. So does good fluid. Your rotors and calipers are far heavier than the 8th gen cars and are nearly identical to the older TSX calipers that were a sufficient track upgrade for the hardcore 8th gen guys. You need pads and fluid. Your rotors are great. Your calipers are great. Aside from not being "blingy" and having Brembo stamped on them they are plenty.

If you have killed your brake pads and don't track, auto-x, or touge/dragon/canyon run your car, you need nothing beyond a better pad. Check the temp ranges before you buy and make sure to get a street performance pad and not a track pad. Some of the track pads just plain don't work when its cold out and you will rear end someone when the temp is below 40F.

Last edited:
Okay so apparently the BFGoodrich g-force, - AS ultra-high-performance holes in a sudden Tires even buy Tire Rack standards are back ordered. What's the second best ultra high PERFORMANCE all season tire with an aggressive tread that I can buy? These are the tire options from Tire Rack that I have available to me.
49b6a2c2d1e4d2a9b1b7b01a469cc4ac.jpg
f0b6eb1eeee8adedde1a584a4cc5914e.jpg

Last edited:
Are these tires that will see snow or do you have a second set?

If they are going to be used in the winter, and I know NJ gets some snow, you should really consider the Continental DWS. They can handle some snow much better than any of those and are considered a high performance all-season. That Dunlop DZ102, the S-Drives, and the HTR-Z tires will kill you in the snow and from my experience the dunlop is pretty crap in the rain.

Conti DWS link from tire rack:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...8DWS06XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

What's the second best ultra high PERFORMANCE all season tire with an aggressive tread that I can buy?
The tires you pictured above are ultra high performance SUMMER tires, not high or ultra performance all seasons. The stuff you posted isn't for winter driving. Those are dedicated summer tires.

The tires you pictured above are ultra high performance SUMMER tires, not high or ultra performance all seasons. The stuff you posted isn't for winter driving. Those are dedicated summer tires.
Well that's interesting then is that the BFGoodrich g-force Comp 2 AS ultra-high-performance all season tire is there. I looked at the Continental tires but I know they're all season but they just know most aggressive enough. That's not me being stubborn that's me being realistic. There's got to be something out there. The BF Goodrich tires are sold out and on back order from Tire Rack. So I have to think of what else I'm going to do. Again, I am NOT running two sets of wheels on my car. And we haven't had that much snow in New Jersey this winter.
b3e5157e2800b209a54cd3eaecf0cd22.jpg
wow, that's all I've got to say.

Well that's interesting then is that the BFGoodrich g-force Comp 2 AS ultra-high-performance all season tire is there. I looked at the Continental tires but I know they're all season but they just know most aggressive enough. That's not me being stubborn that's me being realistic. There's got to be something out there. The BF Goodrich tires are sold out and on back order from Tire Rack. So I have to think of what else I'm going to do. Again, I am NOT running two sets of wheels on my car. And we haven't had that much snow in New Jersey this winter.
b3e5157e2800b209a54cd3eaecf0cd22.jpg
wow, that's all I've got to say.
I don't know what you did, but there are 24 options in that category. Clear your browser and try again. This link prob won't work, but you can try.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...kipOver=true&minSpeedRating=S&minLoadRating=S

image.jpeg

Thank you actually that link work perfectly. The only thing as those are either winter tires or snow tires
Actually I looked at it again and those Continental tires do look decent. Are they good for extreme braking cornering handling and acceleration?

To be honest man, i think you like trolling us.

Hi everyone so right now, I'm still running the stock continental sport conti pro all season tires. Next year though I will need a new set of tires for all four wheels of course. I don't think I want another set of all season tires because I do a lot of hard braking, hard cornering and acceleration and I need summer tires especially for the low profile of course. My options are Pirelli PZero, Falken rt-615k tires and Michelin Pilot Supersport if they are available. What does everyone recommend here? I know all season tires are good in the winter through for snow and yes I do living in Jersey but I still prefer summer tires and no, of course I am NOT using two sets of wheels. Thanks for your help.

You either want all seasons or you don't. You either want summer performance tires or you don't. Either way you go there will be some compromise. I know you're the hardest driving, hardest braking, hardest cornering and accelerating guy out there, but really......

No matter what anyone recommends you seem bent on getting a middling BF Goodrich all-season. Then you say that an all season ain't enough for the way you drive, snow or not.

Snow tires and snow capable tires don't just have to do with snow. Temperature is a very significant factor in tire performance. Just because it says "snow" on it does not mean its just for snowy conditions. Those tires will perform capably in sub 40F weather. Rubber gets hard when it gets cold. If its not made to handle a wider range of temps it will feel like you're driving around on solid hockey pucks. If you've noticed, hockey pucks don't have much grip on ice and snow.

Buy Michelin Pilot Super Sports and be done with it. Good luck when the temps drop. Conti DWS if you don't want to die or crash. Not trying to be a dick, but two threads about the same thing with the same level of dismissal at suggestions....

latest

To be honest man, i think you like trolling us.

You either want all seasons or you don't. You either want summer performance tires or you don't. Either way you go there will be some compromise. I know you're the hardest driving, hardest braking, hardest cornering and accelerating guy out there, but really......

No matter what anyone recommends you seem bent on getting a middling BF Goodrich all-season. Then you say that an all season ain't enough for the way you drive, snow or not.

Snow tires and snow capable tires don't just have to do with snow. Temperature is a very significant factor in tire performance. Just because it says "snow" on it does not mean its just for snowy conditions. Those tires will perform capably in sub 40F weather. Rubber gets hard when it gets cold. If its not made to handle a wider range of temps it will feel like you're driving around on solid hockey pucks. If you've noticed, hockey pucks don't have much grip on ice and snow.

Buy Michelin Pilot Super Sports and be done with it. Good luck when the temps drop. Conti DWS if you don't want to die or crash. Not trying to be a dick, but two threads about the same thing with the same level of dismissal at suggestions....

latest
Okay listen first of all I might be stubborn but I'm definitely not roll on internet forums. I hate Phil as well. I know I'm stubborn I want what I want but I don't live in Florida so it is what it is. I want the best of the best for a tire. I know that temperatures play a huge part in traction. Am I a racecar driver on the street, no not exactly, but I do a lot of hard cornering. Is that what the driving experience of the Civic Si is all about? I've heard that the Super Sports one hook up. They are like a hockey puck and I love hockey so I know what that means obviously. The Continentals look good and have good ratings so I might just go with them, I don't want just all season tires. By now, I'm sure that everyone can tell that I'm picky as hell especially when it comes to my car! At first, I was sent on the BFGoodrich g-force tires but they're out of stock and on back order as even from tirerack.com so I was not expecting that and after the plan b unfortunately :-(

Back