Turbo+ AWD!!!!!

That'll shut a lot of people up, the big bad 305 hp mustang wasn't much quicker, I wonder how the brz would do against the almighty STI at that track seeing that the V6 mustang beat the STI easily at the C&D hot lapping event last year.

nice vid. ^ you know what the times were on the sti/v6 mustang in that test?

xUdGN.jpg

lol this has become the BRZ thread, but I'm mostly to blame for that :trollface:

that "announcement" on subaru's fb page had me excited for a little bit but now I found out that its for puma sponsorship on some brodawg rally car :mad:

to bring some Turbo+AWD back.....

From Sun 4/29, I finished 14th of 93 cars ... if I was in the Road Tire class, I would have finished 7th of 93 cars (oh well).... regardless, I had a really good day

are the star specs on yet?? How much better is the car with f&r swaybars? I just needed only the rear bar.
The star specs made a world of difference over the stock Dunlop Sport SP1.

Only have the rear sway on, decided against the front sway as I found out that would move me out of the "stock" class. Maybe next year. I had to keep fighting the SP1 tires for grip with the Whiteline RSB and whiteline bushings. Once I put the Star Specs on, that really made my car fast. With SP1 tires, I was in the top 35%. With one race with the Star Specs, I was in the top 15%

During a fun run, I swapped with an Evo X owner. The WRX navigates around sharp corners better that the Evo X (with star specs as well) but the Evo has much better torque and brakes. My best run was 38.3. My only run with the Evo was 40.1. The Evo driver drove my car and complained about the W's brakes and came in at 42.2. The Evo driver let a seasoned AWD veteran drive it once, he came in at 39.1.

so it gets shipped to your dealer on May 2nd or you receive it on May 2nd??

that means I should get the BRZ soon, I have the suspicion that Subaru is "sneaking" them in under the radar and they'll just appear at dealers in the next 2 weeks or so :think:
Well, Allocation means the car is ona boat on the way over. It gives me a time status of when it will arrive at the port, then be processed, then shipped out to me. Usually takes 2-3 weeks after it's allocated for it to get here.

Bad news is we didn't get it yet, I'm just hoping Scion is running behind and it shows up in my inventory. lol

interested to see what you think of it/pics/vids
I'm excited too!

Next Generation Subaru WRX May Employ Electric Turbocharger

Subaru has been trying to figure out the direction for its three-headed monster, as the Impreza and its WRXand WRX STI variants have grown increasingly at odds over the past two generations. Now this gets thrown into the mix: When the new WRX gets released in late 2013, it may ditch the traditional exhaust-gas powered turbocharger for a new, electric design.

That's right, according to The Sydney Morning Herald, Subaru is working on an electric turbo, shades of those computer-fan-sourced "power adders" you used to see advertised in the back pages of Sport Compact Car a decade ago. Except we would assume Subie-parent Fuji Heavy Industries is developing a design that actually works. According to the report, heat from the exhaust would be captured, but instead of using the exhaust pressure to turn the turbocharger's turbine, the heat energy would be converted to electricity, which would then spin the impellers. This could be more efficient, as well as eliminating the piping and turbo lag.

While that sounds neat and all, we're not so sure we want to see an unproven technology like this applied to one of our favorite affordable performance cars. Unless, of course, it allows for BMW M3-like performance in a $30,000 car.

hopefully my grey BRZ is at the port with it also.

There are already some sitting at the port waiting to be shipped out. However, Toyota and Subaru, have to give the delivery drivers the go-ahead to put them on a truck. Considering they are promising them by June 1st, and each dealer is only getting one initially, I imagine they are waiting for all allocated units to arrive before releasing them. I released mine the second I got them, but Toyota still has to do so. It's funny, because the white one is the one I said I was ordering back in November, before I got the Camry. HAHAHAH!

Back