Turbo+ AWD!!!!!

Toyota-Subaru Co-Developed AWD Hot Hatch Rumored To Be Coming Fall 2022

Subaru and Toyota may be teaming up on another set of twins. This time, the partnership could result in a pair of new AWD hot hatches.

According to a new report from Japan’s Best Car, Subaru and Toyota are jointly developing a new “WRC machine” that will debut in fall 2022. The publication says it will have a body size similar to that of the Impreza.

The first inklings of this project came when Toyota took a 20% stake in Subaru in 2019. “We will bring together the strengths of both companies and jointly develop the most comfortable AWD model,” the companies said in a press release.

Best Car Web’s report, though, suggests that the new Subaru will have symmetrical AWD. The system is a Subaru staple but it would mean that any Toyota based on it would be distinct from other AWD vehicles in the automaker’s stable.

After partnering with Subaru on the BRZ/GT86 and with BMW on the Z4/Supra, though, it’s clear that Toyota doesn’t mind having cars at its dealerships that are a little different.

NGL, toyota have been pulling out some awesome cars over the past few years: GT86, Yaris GR, Supra GR. Would not be surprised if they bought out a Corolla GR too.

NGL, toyota have been pulling out some awesome cars over the past few years: GT86, Yaris GR, Supra GR. Would not be surprised if they bought out a Corolla GR too.

Already in the works!

2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness

Ready for off-roading... lol

2022-subaru-outback-wilderness-007.jpg

I can see it selling. The fact that the roof can now support 700lbs and can handle roof top tents... I can see people using these for off-road adventures/camping.

I still loathe snow but if it snows, I take the car out in it. I hate winter so I won’t take any more photos until everything is green and alive looking.
You were dying for the snow to take the Audi out in it. Don't lie to Webby :P

Yeah. I wanted it once, not 6 times in a row. I got my one hour of fun that I needed and it could go. I didn’t need the 2 snowstorms and flurried that followed that. Ew.

We dodged it all of those times too :)

Back