ultimate racing downpipe

Scheduled for delivery on Monday and I am installing Tuesday morning. Will have videos posted to my youtube channel that night.

It was more annoying than i thought.. but for starters, the wipers need to come off first.. than the sides of the cowel snap off, than 3 push plastic pins, then you just pull the main assembly out and unbolt the metal cover under it, that's it..

Just pulled this assembly out in prep for Tuesday morning's install and it was def annoying as f*** lol but i did it by myself with the help of my wife holding her cell phone flashlight for me so its def not impossible. Im not looking forward to clippling all the plastic clips back together tho haha

I didn't get a chance to take pics bcuz of the lack of light and honestly i wasnt planning on doing it tonight, just went outside to take a look at it and started pulling all the ish out lol

Hey guys im from the 9thgencivic website and I was browsing here and noticed this post. Anyways I picked up and installed the UR Metal core Cat version of the DP with the Cat-Back exhaust without resonator or 2nd muffler with a 4" tip and just wanted to say the car performs amazing. No more sluggish acceleration in the lower rpm's caused by the injen CAI feels like it has more torque and hp and im in love with this. Like s2k jay has said about the dp and exhaust its one of the best mods out there for this car. Although I would like to mention I will be ordering a resonator for the exhaust because without it the exhaust is extremely loud (Like set off car alarms loud). Install isn't to bad and is recommended to use hoist for obvious reason and make sure you line up all the gaskets and pipes 100% or it will result in a rattle I found this out the hard way. Anyways if anyone has any question feel free to pm me.

Also I forgot to mention that you will have to install the 2 nuts prior to installing the 2 bolts for where the DP and ENGINE meet. If your on the hoist and decide to tighten the bolts prior to installing the nuts on the studs (Which I did) you will have clearance issues for one of the nuts (One closes to the bung cap)

Marc get the 2nd muffler.. it's the same thing as the resonator but has more insulation.. both options have a 3 inch pipe straight through it.. the exhaust will sound much cleaner with no loss of power.. just my two cents

Thanks for the input s2kjay I will take your advice on this one I have been getting too much attention for my liking with this exhaust and need to tone it down big time haha.

Thanks for the input s2kjay I will take your advice on this one I have been getting too much attention for my liking with this exhaust and need to tone it down big time haha.
Welcome to the forum :thumb:. Any chance for doing a recording like s2k did to compare? I'm willing to edit it and put it on the 9thcivic youtube channel if you're willing?

Yeah sure I will record it I only have a cell phone to record with so hopefully the quality on that is good enough to use.

OMG....Absolutely sooo much better than I expected. It sounds amazing! And S2KJAY was right about the mid-range torque. You would think that there would have been a loss down low, but no....this thing most certainly pulls harder. The 3" Catless downpipe from UR is def the way to go and the dual in-line muffler option with their catback makes it SO clean sounding. There has been no rasp AT ALL and best of all NO DRONE AT ALL...cruising speed is perfect! The defouler I picked up from Corsport is working beautifully. No CEL with the Catless downpipe and why Full-Race decided to NOT go with the catless option is beyond me....It sounds perfect.

Yeah sure I will record it I only have a cell phone to record with so hopefully the quality on that is good enough to use. Anyways I picked up and installed the UR Metal core Cat version of the DP with the Cat-Back exhaust without resonator or 2nd muffler with a 4" tip and just wanted to say the car performs amazing. No more sluggish acceleration in the lower rpm's caused by the injen CAI feels like it has more torque and hp and im in love with this.
video compliments of Marc - :thumbsup:

View: http://youtu.be/2kPCmv6nR-c

Back