USADA -bans Lance Armstrong for life, strips 7 Tour de France titles

I believe Mr. McGuire is now a hitting coach for the Dodgers (?)

What is interesting about all of this. You could physically see that these baseball players were huge compared to a few years earlier. Yet nothing was said (or tested). Our hero Armstrong, He was tested daily (for sure in the Tour de France) and no substances were found. Baseball didn't take away McGuires or Bonds HR titles or records. Just interesting.

^^ like i said. i think that MVP's should be retroactively given to the #2 guy in the voting if they find that the record was earned cheating. they strip gold medals from olympic athletes as well.
and using an 18 year old's rookie/minors card and comparing him to a photo of a guy in his 30's isn't proper either. i'm much bigger at age 30 than i was at age 18 (i'm in better shape, but my frame and build filled out in my mid 20's)
now, having said that, i fully believe bonds used 'roids and happened to never be caught

^^ like i said. i think that MVP's should be retroactively given to the #2 guy in the voting if they find that the record was earned cheating. they strip gold medals from olympic athletes as well.
and using an 18 year old's rookie/minors card and comparing him to a photo of a guy in his 30's isn't proper either. i'm much bigger at age 30 than i was at age 18 (i'm in better shape, but my frame and build filled out in my mid 20's)
now, having said that, i fully believe bonds used 'roids and happened to never be caught
Giving it to the #2 guy would make since, except they're saying the top 10/12 may have been juicing as well.

Giving it to the #2 guy would make since, except they're saying the top 10/12 may have been juicing as well.

i agree on that remark, i'm not talking strip a guy on suspicion, i'm talking guys who've flat out tested positive should be stripped, and anybody next in line should be skipped over who's def tested positive.
having said that, i fully think that it should be noted that the guy won the MVP and had it removed due to validated juicing.
i also said, before, these guys should be in the HOF with *'s or whatever by their names/plaques that they were a KNOWN juicer
look... juice isnt going to make me a HOF athlete... bonds was a clear HOF'er early in his career before the juice... a 330+ career hitter with 30-40hr power and a great eye for the strike zone... him juicing? 330+ with 75hrs a season... i mean... it just goes to show what a top tier MVP guy can do with juice... vs a middle of the road avg guy with juice

I agree the juicers will be up front with or without the juice, it's just how much more up frt.

and again, i cant reiterate enough how much i disdain the juicing, and how much i hate the fact that so many did it... i do NOT defend it, and i do not condone it... but it happened, it's part of the sport, and if so many were doing it, it reduces the effectiveness of the argument of them not being in the hall/etc...
reminds me of the old stalin quote: "one death is a tragedy, one million is a statistic"
if one guy only was juicing, then he's ******... if 150 are? its a stat

gMGgo2q.jpg

Back