Vacation Thread

He’s alive!

But gym on vaca? No sir! I will only allow it if you have a drinky drink in hand. :giggle:
Sorry no drinky drink at the gym besides water.

Yeah I am old and have a routine even of vacation. Gym 0645-0800 then meet wife at the pool (she goes down shortly after I go to the gym to get a spot and reads while I work out. Then we go to breakfast.

Her spot when I was at the gym this morning.

1000002251.jpg

I’ve only caved for the upcharges once. Wasn’t worth it in my opinion. I stick to the free stuff.

Huh? No upcharges here. Well you can get fancy more expensive wine but no upcharges for food. Everything I've had (food wise) was included.

is the picture deceiving, or is that literally like 3 bites of meat?

Picture is deceiving. It wasn't just 3 little bites of meat.

Huh? No upcharges here. Well you can get fancy more expensive wine but no upcharges for food. Everything I've had (food wise) was included.

Picture is deceiving. It wasn't just 3 little bites of meat.
Nothing extra for a Tomahawk? I’ve never seen those included. Usually an upcharge along with Lobster and what not.

Nothing extra for a Tomahawk? I’ve never seen those included. Usually an upcharge along with Lobster and what not.

Oh... You are correct. We are in Excellence Club and have access to Magna (restaurant) which has the tomahawk steak. So it is an upcharge. My fault.

Sounds fancy!

Do they have Potato Chips and Mountain Dew for us commoners?
They have Coca-Cola. I don't drink soda so not sure what else they have soda wise.

They have French Fries but not potato chips.

Do you stay at the same resort every time? Or the same family of resorts? The Wife and I just started traveling out of the country so we’ve still got a lot of questions.

We stayed at a Hilton Resort in Mexico but Ocean Blue in the DR. The Hilton was the better resort but the DR was a nicer environment. Wonder if it’s better to stay in one family of resorts for points and rewards?

2012 - Couples Swept Away (Negril, Jamaica)
2013 - Couples Tower Isle (Ocho Rios, Jamaica)
2014 - Excellence Riviera Cancun (Cancun, Mexico)
2017 - Sandals Grande St. Lucian (St. Lucia)
2018 - Excellence Punta Cana (Punta Cana, Dominican Republic)
2019 - Excellence Punta Cana (Punta Cana, Dominican Republic)
2020/2021 - No trips because COVID
2022 - Cape Cod/Maine Trip (August)
2022 - Arizona/Grand Canyon (November)
2023 - Divi Resort (Aruba) - Not adults only (Would not go back - wasn't a fan)
2024 - Excellence Punta Cana (Punta Cana, Dominican Republic)

They have another Excellence property in Mexico (Excellence Playa Mujeres - more expensive) and Punta Cana (Excellence El Carmen - more modern and wife didn't like the looks/feel of it from pics lol)

We only stay in adults only/all inclusive resorts (except Aruba... Ugh)

Last edited:
Do you stay at the same resort every time? Or the same family of resorts?

I answered above but after going to the same resort in 2018 & 2019 the wife wanted to try other places but she really likes the resort we just stayed at (3rd time). Not sure if you saw the pictures on Facebook. We met a few couples (1 from 2019 whom happened to be there the same time as us and we didn't plan it / few other couples from talking to by the pool or water volleyball - I'm the social one that talks to anyone lol)

Whats the purpose of that? ive driven in spain and costa rica using my canadian drivers license.

Italy signed 2 United Nations conventions (Geneva 1949; Vienna 1968), and it is a legal requirement for visitors from non-EU and non-EEA countries to have a valid International Driving Permit (IDP) in order to rent a car and legally drive in Italy.

Back