Verizon Cell Users - Data Plans Changing

Just be aware the stuff in the first post was from 2012! Booty bumped the thread a few posts ^.

Dudes, listen. I used to sell phones. The thing to do on an older plan is calculate how much more per month you are going to be spending on a new phone and multiply by whatever the upgrade cycle length is.

It used to be 2 years for upgrades right? So $50 extra per month, average increase we saw, over 24 months is $1200. But the "free phone" right? Man, just buy a new phone cash outright and stay on your old plan. I don't know of a single phone out there that costs more than $1200 let alone data overage charges. I know the newest phones are like $600 but still. You could buy one a year and still break even. That's right, buy a phone per year and still cost you less in the long run plus have your current data allowances.

Buy your phone. Keep your old plan. F-them telecoms. If everyone did this they would flip out but people can't see past the "free" upgrade and it's only such a minimal amount to upgrade! They get you in the end. They always do. Winners don't keep the lights on in Vegas. (and they got a ton of lights on don't they.)

Why do you think I still have a flip phone? They can all kiss my unlimited talk/text no data ***. $25/month until this phone dies. I am not paying $100/mo or more for any of that crap.

EDIT: Think of it this way, if my plan jumped to $100 that would be $900 more per year. Dudes, thats flash pro and then some. It's a set of mounted and balanced Z2 tires! Plus money for lunch!

What do you want? A new phone? Or flash pro and tires.....
iPhones are like $850. New Samsung Note 8 will be $930+. Flagship phone prices are getting ridiculous.

iPhones are like $850. New Samsung Note 8 will be $930+. Flagship phone prices are getting ridiculous.
You mean Samsung Incendiary Device 8? Lol, in all seriousness they need to announce the new Note already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

You're holding a powerful micro-computer. Almost nobody uses their phone simply for making phone calls otherwise prices would be lower.

Congratulations, your paying for a computer with a quad core, 64+ GB of solid state storage, and 8+ GB of RAM all packed into a package about a quarter of an inch thick, 3 inches wide, and 5 inches long with a high-cycle battery that will run the device for hours with continuous use.

You have to consider too how many different components are inside a phone nowadays. Besides what Foo mentioned, there are dozens of sensors and antennas, multiple accelerometers, a screen with almost as many pixels as new TVs, a camera lens and sensor that can take great quality photos and videos, extremely strong glass, speakers and microphones, all in a very thin and small device.

Can I just get a phone with better battery and awesome call quality? Like seriously, that's all I want.

Granted while these numbers are faster than some can get... I feel they should be higher in the area I'm running the test

The 140 Kbps is at my house... :-/

d14a44d44f19033de72800bb02095412.jpg
07d0e01f5ab50b32a24b891fab169226.jpg
ff27166018a7f5372809f71c806ead5d.jpg
0397b55949c1bcb904e4977f84617fd2.jpg

3 megs with Verizon lte????? Whaaaa

If you do it more in the city what do you get?

Typically I don't go to the "city" (Baltimore City). I'm usually around the city in the county. I'll try it at the main work office (Towson) this week.

Figured this would be the best thread to post in here.

I know everyone is all about the Unlimited Data these days but we (3 lines - Wife, MIL and I) switched from Unlimited to 10GB Shared Data Plan. I was worried about going over (not so much because of my MIL but because of my wife and I). My wife has no concept of data. She uses it whenever/whereever.

We have 20 days left in our cycle - 1.23GB of 10.00GB. We also have 5.06GB of Carry-over data which we haven't touched yet.

So we have 13.82GB remaining.

Carryover Data - "Your data is yours to keep. Carryover Data automatically rolls over your unused gigs to the end of the following month."

I wish I would have known about this months/years ago.

Plan Details.
  • 10 GB of Premium data: 5G nationwide / 4G LTE
  • 720p HD-Quality streaming
  • Unlimited Talk & Text
  • Carryover Data
  • Safety Mode to Avoid Data Overages
  • Verizon Up Rewards

Figured this would be the best thread to post in here.

I know everyone is all about the Unlimited Data these days but we (3 lines - Wife, MIL and I) switched from Unlimited to 10GB Shared Data Plan. I was worried about going over (not so much because of my MIL but because of my wife and I). My wife has no concept of data. She uses it whenever/whereever.

We have 20 days left in our cycle - 1.23GB of 10.00GB. We also have 5.06GB of Carry-over data which we haven't touched yet.

So we have 13.82GB remaining.

Carryover Data - "Your data is yours to keep. Carryover Data automatically rolls over your unused gigs to the end of the following month."

I wish I would have known about this months/years ago.

Plan Details.
  • 10 GB of Premium data: 5G nationwide / 4G LTE
  • 720p HD-Quality streaming
  • Unlimited Talk & Text
  • Carryover Data
  • Safety Mode to Avoid Data Overages
  • Verizon Up Rewards
How much was your monthly savings?

Back