What are you having for dinner?

look at that smoke ring :dancing:

VengefulBogusBengaltiger-size_restricted.gif

did you have to tend the fire all night?

Clafoutis, sometimes spelled clafouti in Anglophone countries, is a baked French dessert of fruit, traditionally black cherries, arranged in a buttered dish and covered with a thick flan-like batter. The clafoutis is dusted with powdered sugar and served lukewarm, sometimes with cream.

:yeahthat: @Nomar06

It was... interesting, just kinda strange texture but dont know if thats because of my baking or how it just is

Ive seen a few people braiding their meats lately, im not sure how i feel about it though

yea, business had slowed and costs kept going up, he wants to go cook somewhere and not have to worry about the business side

sucks about his shop, but those wings look good. Are the black flakes fresh ground pepper or some other spice?

sucks about his shop, but those wings look good. Are the black flakes fresh ground pepper or some other spice?
yup, i used a basic salt pepper garlic and cornstarch on the wings to get a little seasoning and the cornstarch apparently helps get things crispy on the grill, figured i was gonna be saucing them, didnt need to compete too much with that

Damn. Sorry to hear :( Hopefully he finds something soon.
honestly with how everyone locally is hurting for skilled cooks in their pizza/cheesesteak places, and since hes got the food handling manager certificate, he probably can walk in wherever and get a job, hardest part will be learning to do it the way someone else wants it done

Tried pulled pork on the Weber yesterday. Was on for about 3 hours then wrapped it in foil. Ended up probing at 209f because I left for a couple hours to go mountain bike. Still turned out alright. Couple drying spots. It was also a pork shoulder with not much fat on it.

Any tips to make it more flavourful next time? I did a rub, not sure if the lack of fat is the issue. It was a $22 piece of meat from the grocery store.
signal-2023-08-07-18-18-35-954.jpg

Smoking a pork sirloin roast. Everything says to go to 140f but I feel like the last pork I made was the same and went to 200ish.

Internets is all over the place whether or not sirloin can be pulled pork.

Back