What are you having for dinner?

An article I read before said basically every pizza chain uses cornmeal on the bottom. I have no clue if that’s true though

Cornmeal is what's used back in my home town for "Windsor style pizza". I used cornmeal when I make it at home. Pizza stone and peel is a must for home made pizza.

This sirloin tip roast turned out great. About 2 hours. Around 225f. Internal was 125f then reversed seared and let rest for 5 minutes and it came up to 130f. I season everything with salt pepper and garlic. I should try something new one day.

1000001028.jpg

Did you take any pics of the inside once you cut it?
No. It was pretty rare though. Could have cooked a little longer but still super good. I'm really liking the faster smoker meats. Did a reverse sear tri tip a few weeks ago. That was really good too. Nothing will beat my last brisket but that will have to wait for colder weather, hard to spend 10 hours tending to a BBQ when the weather is nice.

An article I read before said basically every pizza chain uses cornmeal on the bottom. I have no clue if that’s true though
I would think it would be a coarse semolina flour, something that they might use in their pasta. Maybe they use corn meal, I don’t know.

Speaking of semolina flour…I made ravioli the other night.

Start with pork butt, coarse grind and then find grind. Added spices to make spicy Italian sausage.
Take semolina, durum, and ap flour, a few eggs and roll out fresh pasta sheets.
Added ricotta cheese, parmigiano-reggiano cheese, wilted spinach, and eggs to sausage as stuffing.
Pan fry cooked raviolis in brown butter and sage sauce.
Serve with Italian bread with butter, garlic salt, and fresh grated parmigiano-reggiano. Dip with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Serve with Montepulciano d’Abruzzo wine to wash it all down.

Kinda took all day Sunday…

Last edited:
Happy Canadian thanksgiving.
Smoked brisket
Brussel sprouts
Pasta salad
Store bought stuffing.

Brisket stalled at 153F after like 8 hours at 225ish so I wrapped it and finished it in the oven at 300f. took it out at 204f rest for 30 minutes because it was late. Turned out great. I need a pellet smoker because 11 hours with a kettle sucks.
1000001197.jpg1000001199.jpg

depends on how much time you have and what style
I know some have to sit over night so I'm down to wait. I like the "italian" style....thin in the middle and puffy on the crust. Crispy bottom. I don't mind hand tossed either.

Once we have the cash for the built in grill/outdoor mini kitchen I will prob be investing in a mini pizza oven.

Back