What don't you like about the restyled 2013 Civic sedan?

I'm not liking the 2013 tail light design.

I like the tail lights in general, but for some reason I especially like the hybrid. :excited:

2013-honda-civic-hybrid-revealed-photo-gallery-video_8.jpg

I personally can't stand the tail lights I thought it was a corolla when I first saw on driving down the road. I do like the sedan fronts now though

welcome to the site... do you have a 2013?

Thanks Webby. No, we have a 2011 Accord coupe and a dying 2002 Civic sedan.

If the tail light on the 2013 was nicer looking (even the 2012 design would have been nice), I would likely consider a Civic LX/EX over an Accord LX... :(

Not a fan of the chrome. Already dislike the single strip on the front grille of my 2012 (thinking Si grille upgrade in the future). Would hate to be out there every day with detailer spray cleaning practically every inch of chrome. Still wondering why putting chrome around every dial and knob inside was a good idea either, it is just cheap metal wrapped in silver foil; it peels off after a few years.

The only thing I do like is the taillights.
Oh and that rear diffuser, I wish I could have that.

Things I don't like:
All the chrome
Interior/dash changes
Lights on trunk
Wing
Black paint on rims

As a 2013 owner, the tail lights look much better in person in my opinion. I didn't like them either until I actually saw them. My biggest issue is with the spoiler cutting the rear view window in half but I suppose that is what the backup camera is for.

I like the restyling in general. I like the black touches in those rear lights. Don't like the added chrome, nor the reflectors at the bottom of the bumper.....that move was a total copy of the 2012 Elantra.

Honestly, there is nothing I really dislike about the 2013 sedan. They took the 2012 sedan, which was about as inspiring as wet paint, and made it look more expensive and focused. No disrespect to the 2012 sedan owners, but that car looks like bottom barrel Hertz rental. I know a lot of people hate the chrome and the new taillights, but the taillights look much higher quality than the generic ones on the 2012 that evoke feelings of an Ion, late model Camry, or worse.

The 2013, as I've said before, was the car Honda should've made all along. I will never understand what they were thinking for 2012. If I owned a 2012 sedan, I'd be furious at the changes (especially if I owned an Si, though I've talked to many 2012 Si sedan owners who like how much of a sleeper it looks like. They're right, I can barely tell a 2012 Si sedan apart from an LX until I'm right up close to it). I'm just happy I bought a coupe, even if it was a 2012. It still doesn't sit well with me what Honda did, but I can stomach the nausea because the exterior of the coupe didn't really change (or need to change) too much.

I don't like the chrome on the front or back, or the funny shaped lower portion of the front bumper. I like the interior changes other than the chrome trim (black pillars/roof, pleather dash, console stash, sliding armrest(?)) but prefer the plain black bezel of the lower models over the Si's faux-CF. The taillights are not bad but I really like the 2012 sedan taillights. Many think the 2012 looks bland, but I think the 2012 Si looks good (the wheels really help). The 2012 is clean. The 2013 is a little busy-looking.

View attachment 13051

It looks way too much like a corolla IMO..
Looks even more like the Camry. Look at the taillight similarities in addition to the chrome.

02-2013-toyota-camry-hybrid-review-1359162570.jpg

Last edited:
I don't like how Honda take away the coolant temperature gauge in dash, I know there a light that trun off after it warm but what if ur getting lose to over heat (red). Example I use to have a eg h22a turbo and was racing too hard the gauge almost reach red I saw that so pull over to the side befor hit the red to cool it off. I know flash pro with laptop show but who would want a laptop in the car 24/7

I don't like how Honda take away the coolant temperature gauge in dash, I know there a light that trun off after it warm but what if ur getting lose to over heat (red). Example I use to have a eg h22a turbo and was racing too hard the gauge almost reach red I saw that so pull over to the side befor hit the red to cool it off. I know flash pro with laptop show but who would want a laptop in the car 24/7

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/15-temp-gauge.6149/

Back