What kind of oil is everyone running?

Use M1 Full-Synthetic in all our Hondas, 0W-20 for the Pilot, Odyssey, and eventually my EX when it is due. Use 0W-30 in our oldest Honda.

Last edited:
Since we are on the topic of oils, what filters do y'all usually run?
Oil filter : Purolator Pure One ; Mobil-1
These came up as some of the top filters in a cut-away exam of most filters at the time, and including bypass ports.
I'm not knowledgeable or have ever heard of Wix, so I'm not approving or dissing it.
I would like to mention that Fram is on the bottom of the list...........

http://www.bestcovery.com/best-oil-filter

Last edited:
I would like to mention that Fram is on the bottom of the list...........

May as well use notebook paper! Fram are garbage.

I am using the AmSoil Absolute Efficiency Oil Filter.

Where are y'all getting your oil at? Around here, I can get a jug of mob 1 for about 30, the Wix filter is 12. My dealer charges $45. It's almost cheaper for me to take it to Honda to change it.

Mobil 1's not even a True Synthetic, so if that's what you're going for, you're wasting your monies.

All I can find is the synthetic blend OEM Honda oil from college hills where can I find this? The full synthetic?

I had to go to a few dealerships until I found it, I've only had 2 oil changes and had my Si almost 2 years now, only 10K on the odo, my 1st oil change my dealership didn't have it, by the time I had my 2nd change they had it, search all your area Honda dealers if you can until you find it, hope this helps?!

I had to go to a few dealerships until I found it, I've only had 2 oil changes and had my Si almost 2 years now, only 10K on the odo, my 1st oil change my dealership didn't have it, by the time I had my 2nd change they had it, search all your area Honda dealers if you can until you find it, hope this helps?!

Also depending on the price I might as well go royal purple as amazon has a 5 quart of it for 43 bucks lol

Also depending on the price I might as well go royal purple as amazon has a 5 quart of it for 43 bucks lol

Yeah it's about the same price, if I remember correctly its about 8 bucks a quart so 40 total, you'll have 1/2 a quart left for next time or heaven for bid top offs!?

Back