What size tire to keep same as stock height if I go to 17" wheels?

EdwarDallas

Dallas, Texas
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I am thinking about dropping down to 17" wheels to save on weight (40+ lbs of unsprung rotational mass!), and to have a higher profile tire = a little softer ride. But I'm not sure what size tire on 17" wheels equals the stock ride outter tire diameter?? This is so my speedometer is still accurate.

Edward

I am thinking about dropping down to 17" wheels to save on weight (40+ lbs of unsprung rotational mass!), and to have a higher profile tire = a little softer ride. But I'm not sure what size tire on 17" wheels equals the stock ride outter tire diameter?? This is so my speedometer is still accurate.

Edward
https://tiresize.com/comparison/

225/45-17 would be good. You can go with other sizes if you want a wider tire or whatever by adjusting. Just look at the speed comparison to figure out what you're comfortable with.

Yeah, I'm thinking about Motegi Traklites 17x8". I have a black 2015 Sedan. I'll post pics soon.

Edward

Tire Rack specs gives revs/mile for a lot of their comparisons - just look at brand you have now and compare it to same brand with rim diameter you want - anything within 1 or 2 % (about what different brands vary in the same tire size) should be fine.

Back