VIP Member
Regina - The City That Rhymes with Fun
Vehicle Model
Acura Csx
Body Style
Sedan
just like it the title says ....

i"ll start....

1984 honda civic hatch back (handed down from parents)
1988 honda civic sedan (first car i bought with own money)
1990 honda civic hatch back( replaced previous civic after being r/o)
2000 chevy caviler (wife's car)
2004 acura el (first import car for wife)
2006 acura csx (traded el after convincing wife we needed to upgrade)

89 nissan maxima
98? saturn 4 door
96 chevy camaro
98? chrysler sebring 2 door
04 jeep grend cherokee
06 honda civic si

1993 Cadillac deville - first car in high school. Had 20s and was on airbags...lol
1996 Honda accord - h22 swapped and turbo'd
1991 chevy suburban - lifted on 35s
1996 Honda accord - stock junk
2006 Honda civic si
2010 Nissan cube
2006 ford exploder

1970 Nova SS
1974 Dodge Monaco
1978 Mercury Bobcat
1980 Chevy Monza
1981 Chevy Chevette
1986 Suzuki Swift
1989 Chevy S10
1989 Geo Metro
1989 Ford F250
2000 Ford F250
2003 Honda Pilot
2007 Honda Civic Si
2010 Corvette Grand Sport

1988 Honda Civic dx sedan
1992 Mazda Navajo - piece of junk
1992 Acura Integra LS
2006 Civic EX coupe
2006 Chrysler 300C
2007 Honda Civic SI sedan
2010 Ford Fusion SEL for the wife

1988 Mazda 323
1991 Dodge Shadow
1987 Fiero GT
1990 Honda Civic Si Hatch
1997 Honda Civic LX Sedan
2006 Honda Civic Si Coupe

^^ thoughts on the cube?
If we are going strictly from a mature stand point it is one of the best vehicles I have owned. It gets 40mpg on the highway and 30 in the city, and takes regular gas. For under $20k it has a CVT transmission (110k mile warranty), blue tooth, and iPod connection, sat radio, back up camera, navigation, a rear cargo organizer, and enough room to haul most anything with the back seats folder down....however....

If I look at it from a stand point of cool factor or fun to drive factor, it fails...HARD. It has enough get up and go to pass on the highway but is otherwise very flat as far as performance goes. It has a very comfortable ride, but handles like an old Cadillac on the twistys. I have felt several times like it was going to flip over. Also it's just not cool looking. Sure it's different, but not in a way that I like anymore...lol

I purchased it as a cheap vehicle for my detailing business and for that it is perfect, but I am itching to buy a new daily driver so I can break up the blahness of driving this car everyday.

so there is a decent amount of room to get your detailing stuff in the cube?

so there is a decent amount of room to get your detailing stuff in the cube?
Yes, the vehicle is by no means lacking room. My fiance and I joke because in the front it actually feels more roomy than her full size Explorer. With the seats down in the back I have never had a problem fitting all my detailing stuff in the cube. LOTS of room, especially considering how small it looks from the outside.

Past:
1982 Nissan 'Datsun' 280ZX - Brown & Black (from grandfathers used car lot, drove in High School)
1990 Chevrolet Camero - White (3rd gen from grandfathers used car lot, drove in High School)
1995 Chevrolet Cavalier - Teal (graduation gift in 1999)
2000 Chevrolet Cavalier - Black (first car I bought in 2001, sold in 2009)
2004 Chrysler Sebring - White (purchased 2005 for wife, engine blew up 2010)

Present:
1998 Honda Civic LX Sedan - Red (my everyday car)
2009 Honda Civic LX-S Sedan - Blue (my wife's everyday car)

1965 Mustang (AT hardtop)
1995 Honda Civic EX (AT coupe)
2006 Honda Civic Si NBP
2006 Honda Civic Si FBP
2010 Honda Accord V6 (MT coupe) <--Currently share with Hubby

Another idea I thought of that could be fun. Share the experience of your first car. Whether you were one of the lucky ones that got something pretty dang new, or like me, you parked across the street from your school because you didn't want anyone to associate you with the POS that you were driving....

I'll start:

In my pre-16 years, I had a mild infatuation with the Jetta GLI. I was bent that when I turned 16, in 2005, that I wanted a red Jetta. I told my parents practically everyday how that is exactly what I wanted. Well, unknown to me, my parents planned on buying me my first car. When I heard this I was beyond excited, thinking I was getting something pristine off the showroom floor.

Well, two days before my license, I come home to a red 1991 Jetta in my driveway. Not knowing who it was, I asked my parents and they said it's yours. After the initial thought of wanting to cry, i thanked them. I decided to name her Blanche, because she looked like an old lady. However, Blance had decided that she was going to stay. I tried everything in my power to blow that poor car up, but she kept going. I had been saving money hoping to buy something better, but didn't want to upset my parents by just selling the car. Blanche had completly blown struts in the rear, every time you hit a bump, it felt like you were in an air bounce for a mile. Blanche also had a horrible transmission with synchros that could have used replacing probably 50k miles prior to me getting her, she grinded EVERYTIME i put her in second gear. Her driver's side door handle woudl occasionally just fall off when you went up to get inside her, she was a real winner. There was also a funky connection somewhere (in a VW, imagine that). The first time the car wouldn't start, I had it loaded down with 5 people about to go out "riding". Well, upon thinking I had a dead battery, we attempted to jump it with no success. I called my mom and she said, I can get it running, don't tow it. 30 minutes later, my mom shows up, gets our of her Civic with a hammer in her hand. I was still trying to figure out what she was about to do. She asked me to pop the hood, she pulled the hood up and gave the intake manifold two swift knocks with the hammer and she started right up. I still do this day do not know why the car did that, but it worked, so I always had a hammer under my seat.

I figured other people may have some pretty decent stories when it comes to this.....

My first car was a 1989 Nissan Maxima. I got it in 1996 after my brother drove it for a year. We bought it from a lady that had it parked under a trees for a few years. The car had a million dents on the roof from acorns falling on it. The front and rear bumpers were faded yellow and pitted all to heck. The stock wheels were decent but faded and the lug nut covers were a completly different shade as they lost the color entirely. The trim on the doors had also faded.....weekly tire shine was applied to make it look better, lol. The Bose tape deck got stuck in the down position as soon as we cranked the car over for the first time. So I was stuck with the radio from then on. It had leather interior but it was hard as a rock since it was pretty much dried out. I think it has a 3.5 V6 which was pretty sweet but the belt would squeak when the car would shift at high rpms. The two rear windows fell down a couple months later due to the tracks breaking. Erasers were jammed between the door cards and the window to hold the glass up, lol.

Overall it was a great car. First car I started wreching on.

1992 Subaru Legacy Sedan with 50,000 miles that I bought off my parents for 800 buck back in 1997... Mechainally it was in awesome shape, cosmetically it looked like crap.... After what felt like a week of cleaning, buffing and polishing I got her clean. Drove her for 5 years and racked up close too 500k miles I had to scrap her, with the floor boards rotting away, paint peeling and the transmission was missing 1st and 5th gear....

1st car I wrenched on

My parents got me a 1992 Misty Dawn Metallic Subaru Legacy Sedan in like 2006 with 58k miles on it LOL It now just hit 62k. She's got some issues after a minor accident (not me) and was repainted poorly. The automatic seat belts don't work. We've replaced a few things....tires, alternator, battery, AC pulley, etc. She's hanging in there :)

This thread needs some pics
subi.jpgsubi engine bay.jpg

I spent hours cleaning that engine bay...lol You should have seen it before...

1974 Dodge Monaco. Huge freakin' car! Had a 440 ci engine, and got about 6 mpg. It was actually supposed to be for a fire company, but they backed out. I remember it cost about $3600 brand new otd.

Looked just like this, but no lights on the roof.
7th_div_hq.jpg

Back