Wheel Fitment Charts!

Guys, I feel it's worth mentioning that tread life has very little to do with camber. As long as you're not running extreme camber settings, your tires will wear just about as fast whether you're at 0 degrees or -5 degrees. You'll start wearing out other parts faster than normal, but not tires. Toe being out of alignment is what eats tires.

When you run more than around -1.5 degrees of camber, you may notice that the tire wears more toward the inside of the car. This is because you are obviously putting more friction on that part of the tire. However, if the tire were to have been square to the pavement, you would have still worn the contacting area just as much and needed to replace your tires in close to the same amount of time. Granted, because a smaller area of the tire is handling more of the friction, it will wear slightly faster, but I'm talking maybe 1000-1500 miles faster on a tire that would usually last 25k miles.

The rear of these cars toe out significantly when lowered, so an alignment is needed as immediately as possible after one lowers the 9th gen Civic. I would say anything between 0 and -5 degrees of camber, with the proper toe settings, should wear tires at a very similar rate of distance traveled.

Of course, there are people who disagree with this, but they are wrong. I am right.
Yes your right but -5 camber would kill your tires! I had -3.8 on my stock wheels and I ate up my rear tires. Toe will eat it a tire within 2k if its really bad. But I would say stock to about -3 is the same area. Anything over -3 you are going to start to wear that tire a lot faster. But if you rotate the tires more often then it will help a lot more. But I agree with you. But that -5 camber is way to much for you say it won't wear any faster. It will kill anybody's tires super fast with that much camber? Have you seen how much -5 camber is! That's a ton if camber I don't think you could even go that far with most of our camber arms. I mean my friend Sean has 10.5 in rimz on his 8thgen and he is only running -4.2 and that's Maxed out.

nusazy4e.jpg

That's around -5.3 or so.

Again I AGREE WITH YOU. Just stock - around -3ish and you won't have issue with tire wear

Hmm...I really don't think that picture is -5 degrees. I think that's probably double that. I'm almost positive my EJ1 was around -5 when I first got my Equip 03s and I had tires that were way too big for the wheels' width and offset, but it's been so long now I can't remember and I took those wheels and tires off within a few days cause it wasn't what I was going for.

DSC_0155.jpg

This is probably -3 in the rear.

DSC_0984.jpg

DSC_0987.jpg

Enkei RPF1 17x8 45 offset. with 215/45/17 tires. shouldn't be a problem?

This is a bit off topic: Can I get away with a 1.5 F - 1.3 R drop with the above setup without rubbing?

Enkei RPF1 17x8 45 offset. with 215/45/17 tires. shouldn't be a problem?

This is a bit off topic: Can I get away with a 1.5 F - 1.3 R drop with the above setup without rubbing?
You'll have plenty of room with that combination.

Back