Wheel Spacer Issues...

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
I put on some 20mm Garageline spacers last week I put them on with an air gun so I know they are on pretty good I had a little rubbing which I was okay with but today i heard a funny knock not sure if it was the wheel hitting the fender liner cilp or an issue with the spacer anyone had this issue with this brand before ? Should I just re torque ?

@323 may be able to help since he is also running them. I put mine on Sunday, but did not drop my coils enough to rub. So I havent had any noises as of yet

I am on springs 2.25 In the front and i had some rubbing I knew it was the fender liner clip but what I hear this morning was not the same sound...

This will give you a rough idea of the actual clearance and this is parked on a completely flat surface clear.JPG

Ya I been trying to avoid that but I might not have a choice in the matter.But if I am gonna do that I will ditch the spacers and put an aggressive wheel setup on. I am just gonna try and re torque the spacers my gut is telling me it was just the fender liner but I would rather be on the safe side with this one.

Issue solved cracked the fender liner no big deal It needed to be replaced anyway will replace it when my PRL CAI comes in.

Ya that's the first thing I checked lol made sure all the wheels were tight then i ran my hand under the fender liner and I can feel a nice size crack so I assume since there is more weight on the drivers side when I am in the car is why it sounds worse because the other side is fine.

Hey I just got these spacers too. Can you post a pic of how they look?

These pics might be helpful to some

Here you can see that the stock studs stick out just a little bit past the spacers
puhu5y9a.jpg

rusa5u3y.jpg

But here you can see that the wheel sits flush against the spacer
qugu5avu.jpg

Unfortunately for me, I have Drag DR-31s and the spacers didn't fit. I should've just bought wheels with a bigger offset -.-

20MM

I'm going with 25MM and see if it'll sit flush then.

Back