Who has the MOST miles/km on their Civic?

2014 SI. 77k miles. Hope it lasts longer than my 8th Gen SI (would have been more if not due to sudden deceleration via stationary truck - kid was OK and that is all that mattered)

2014 SI. 77k miles. Hope it lasts longer than my 8th Gen SI (would have been more if not due to sudden deceleration via stationary truck - kid was OK and that is all that mattered)

How did you hit a stationary truck?

Also vehicles are meant to be driven! I hate garage queens :hiding: :popcorn:

The 9th Gen concerns me a bit with the clutch noise - I am getting close to needing a change so I want to see if I can tell what that first gear noise engagement is. And with this car I will change the timing chain before 250k. But I plan on a lot of miles - that is why I bought a Civic. I have the K20 motor and am contemplating a slow franken build.

I agree on miles but understand that cars are an investment and people cherish their cars. I just guess having been thru a number of model types, to me a Honda is meant to be driven. Wish I had two - one for show and the other to beat the snot out of.

Oh. You were not driving. I thought it was you. My bad

No worries. I swear I threaded my 8th Gen thru so many hairy situations that it was amazing that it lasted so many miles.
After a point in time I went after deer and I was like Moses parting the Red Sea. Of deer. After 300,000 miles your windshield becomes a walnut bead blasted winter frost shield of protection. I should have just blasted it with a ball peen hammer.

what kind of brakes did you get? 20k miles seems pretty low for brakes going.... do you track the car a lot?
I've never tracked, don't brake too hard, etc. I honestly drive pretty conservatively. I got OEM brakes done at the dealership (front rotors/pads) and had the rear sliders,etc. lubricated. I brought the car in because the brakes were vibrating bad and I could hear a metal grinding sound. They said the fronts were warped. I have a feeling it was from getting my summer and winter wheels/tires put on at Mavis. I think they tightened the crap out of the lugs nuts every time. My fiancee had a warped rear rotor too. We both do our winter/summer swaps at Mavis. Never again...

edit: Plus, I usually let the car sit for a couple days at a time on weekends. Idk if that has anything to do with it

Last edited:
56,000 miles on my early 2012. Once upon a time it was a high mileage car, getting 1500 miles per month. Then that slowed way down.

Last edited:
I'm at 24k on my 15, 23k in one year. Not sure how long I'm gonna keep it but hopefully longer than anticipated, really is a fun car.

Back