Why is the Coupe Si trunk "spoiler" so ugly!?!?

right!? i didn't realize the sedan had a different look until after i bought my coupe...
I usually hate sedans, i like the smaller feel to the car, but the spoiler definitely would have pushed me more towards buying the sedan over the coupe

Last edited:
I don't think its "ugly" just very conservative and minimalistic....
But I agree, I wish it was at least a little sportier like the 2013 sedan Si

Back in the 80's I thought the spoiler was the bomb......... Now I prefer the minimum look, so I like the Coupes Spoiler, and also don't want any add on stuff, like rear window spoilers, or anything that's going to take away from the clean lines, for looks, or air flow.

I like the minimal spoiler, maybe because I'm older now. When I was young I wanted one of those big spoilers on my Eclipse, I'm glad my friends slapped me silly and talked me out of it. I really like what Honda did with the spoiler on the coupe.

Anybody ever swapped a 2013 sedan spoiler onto a coupe? I wonder what that would look like.

I dig it. It's not an obnoxious look.
2012-honda-civic-SI-coupe-rear-spoiler.jpg

Anybody ever swapped a 2013 sedan spoiler onto a coupe? I wonder what that would look like.

I think it's doable as long as both trunks' width are close. I'm not sure if it will look good though bc the coupe's trunk, like the R18's, has a protruded lip.

I like the "duck bill" like spoiler. I really learned to hate anything that sticks up (unless you have a GT car). IE Eclipse, STI, even the small one on teh Si sedan, Neons, etc...

Plus those spoilers are completely not functional, if it matters at all to you.

If honda liked it so much,why did the put such a cool one on the 13 sedan si? I think they admitted another mistake personally,too bad you have to swap it trunks lids with a ex/ lx then add the spoiler,or I would have one,but I'll live with this one.

I like the optional spoiler for the Accord Coupe. I wish they offered an option for the Civic like that. But not for no $400

View attachment 26965
No offence but that kind of looks like the designer just forgot to stop drawing lol. I don't mind the si spoiler because I don't notice it. When I was in the market for my 2013 civic I wanted a coupe and the new sedans awful tail lights solidified that for me? Anyone find the 2012s looked much better in the back then the 2013?

I like the 2013 more. Lol. It makes the Si look 'mature'.

Back