Why is the Coupe Si trunk "spoiler" so ugly!?!?

and now that i've looked at it again... it looks like THAT trunk garnish has slots for the spoiler to be bolted into... looks like i'm going to have to do some modifying to my garnish =\

and now that i've looked at it again... it looks like THAT trunk garnish has slots for the spoiler to be bolted into... looks like i'm going to have to do some modifying to my garnish =\
yup... and im looking at ~ $600

ya.... i have an lx and the brake light is in the glass

I hope the 14 garnish fits the 12 trunk lid,otherwise this is for not...:(

looks like youl have to cut the garnish

that or i'll see if i can just cut those tabs off. I totally forgot to order the hardware with it, so i'm gonna have to make a trip to lowes or home depot :p
post pics

Three year thaw!!! Has anyone had any luck with a swap or found a different wong for the 2013 si coupes yet?
Isn't it interesting how there doesn't seem to be any "plug and play" aftermarket spoilers ever developed.
If I ever entertained replacing my spoiler, I wouldn't want to have to make any new holes in my trunk lid to do so.
I don't think my spoiler is particularly nice looking, but replacing it is not at the top of my priority list right now.
I've thought about dressing it up with the Password:JDM carbon gurney flap but the reviews are putting me off a bit.

Isn't it interesting how there doesn't seem to be any "plug and play" aftermarket spoilers ever developed.
If I ever entertained replacing my spoiler, I wouldn't want to have to make any new holes in my trunk lid to do so.
I don't think my spoiler is particularly nice looking, but replacing it is not at the top of my priority list right now.
I've thought about dressing it up with the Password:JDM carbon gurney flap but the reviews are putting me off a bit.

I'm not familiar with that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my 2012 ex rear better over all than anything else.... but, that's because I like the less is cleaner look.
As a old guy myself, I feel I'm pulling from the mid 1950's though the 2000's, of all the upgrades of a model I've seen them, as they go though their stages, and(it's like what the Ricer's do), they start adding crap to the model, till there isn't anything else they can add, so they change the model, and the beat goes on.
So what I liked about the 2012 Coupe EX, is a classic look of the European style cars which I've been starved from, for so many years, before America finally found a market that would get away from boats, tanks, and big muscle cars.(got'a remember, I was bitten by the small sport car bug in the late 60's after living in England for 3 years, and being involved with their racing scène while being there, I fell in love with the 4 banger sports cars). So the 2012 had reached the limit of that model before they'd go to the add on phase, And I just like it smoother.
I don't want 4 doors either.... But, it doesn't mean I don't like the looks/ability of them, and can't appreciate why other ppl would like them, if we didn't like all these different looks, there would only be one look for all you communist...... :D
I would like a small wing-the back looks too tamed to me.:beer:

Back