Will a R18a1 turbo kit fit an R18z1?

kapicarules

I heard the motors are exactly is the same, it's just the computers that's different. In considering getting an Ebay turbo kit

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

they will not work on the 9th gen. The piping needs to be specific to the 9th gen. The crash bar and supports up front changed from the 8th gen. It has been tried

they will not work on the 9th gen. The piping needs to be specific to the 9th gen. The crash bar and supports up front changed from the 8th gen. It has been tried
So what are my options for a turbo?

It’ll have to be custom as far as I’m aware. I think only 2 people ended up doing turbo builds on the r18 here, and it required a fab shop making the piping work for them. Others tried and abandoned it. One of the bigger problems is the amount of money it takes for the power you gain. Most ended up swapping to the si, because there are so many more parts available. There really aren’t even any really good options for downpipes/exhausts. I think a lot of companies got burnt by how few bought kits for the 8th gen and didn’t want to invest the $ into making them for the 9th.

It’ll have to be custom as far as I’m aware. I think only 2 people ended up doing turbo builds on the r18 here, and it required a fab shop making the piping work for them. Others tried and abandoned it. One of the bigger problems is the amount of money it takes for the power you gain. Most ended up swapping to the si, because there are so many more parts available. There really aren’t even any really good options for downpipes/exhausts. I think a lot of companies got burnt by how few bought kits for the 8th gen and didn’t want to invest the $ into making them for the 9th.
Gotcha. I also had an si motor swap in mind too actually but I found out that the si is a completely different chassis and idk how much itll cost to put a k20 or k24 in it.

It’s quite expensive once you factor in the ecu, axles, gauge cluster for tach/speedo, and all of the other goodies besides the engine/trans itself. It really is more economical to actually take a hit on trading vehicles.

fiy engines are not the same... crank position sensor different location and teeth are different among other things. i-Vtec works different and block cracking on R18a

I have been thinking about the FullRace turbo kit, the engineers there said the hot parts will fit, but the charge piping most likely will need modification. I have a 9th gen AT (non-cvt). What problems do you think I'll run into? I'm new to the boosting game. Thank you.

I have been thinking about the FullRace turbo kit, the engineers there said the hot parts will fit, but the charge piping most likely will need modification. I have a 9th gen AT (non-cvt). What problems do you think I'll run into? I'm new to the boosting game. Thank you.

this thread was just recently posted talking about it with a lot of links and info

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/r18-ex-sc-or-tc.16199/

Back