• A large amount of updates and changes have been implemented. Users who have been using tapaptalk will need to access the site in their phone browser. You should see a big difference between the desktop/tablet/phone styles to make navigation and site options easier to use. If you come across any strange behavior, or errors, please report them in this thread. If you have any issues logging into the site, please delete all 9thcivic cookies and then log into the site. https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/site-changes.16518/

Sold Yakima/Thule Roof Rack w/Bike Attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeDBP

Erie, PA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si FB6
Body Style
Sedan
I am in the market for a roof rack for my 2012 Civic EX Coupe. I'm interested in anything that fits the car and comes with a bike rack or 2.

I'd prefer a Yakima Q-Tower with Q99 Clips and a bike attachment (Highroller preferred) as this can be used with different feet for my Dad's Audi too. This does not need to include a Short Roof Adaptor. Also, any set with different Q-clips will be fine, as the clips for the Civic are $75 and are easily replaced.

Thule racks or Rocky Mounts will also be considered such that they fit the coupe. I am located in Rochester, NY until mid-May and would be willing to drive a bit to get what I want! Please and thank you. :pray:

Jake

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Just out of curiosity.... Any particular reason you want the roof rack over a hitch rack?

JakeDBP

Erie, PA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si FB6
Body Style
Sedan
I read somewhere that the tongue weight of the hitches are questionable on the coupes? Also, I think I'd prefer a nice, used roof rack since that costs less than a hitch ($150) and then I'd have to find a rack that's a Class I only since that's the only hitch on a Civic. Those are hard to find!

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Honda/Civic/2012/24763.html?vehicleid=20127081

I run almost the same thing on my coupe. I found the cost of the hitch & hitch rack to be less than a roof rack. Just depends. That's why I was kinda curious. If you find a good deal on the roof rack go for it. I ordered from the same site. They were pretty nice to deal with.

I like the security of the hitch rack and when I pull the rack off there aren't any bars left on top of my car. I ran a roof rack for years on my accord. The noise was very noticeable and I occasionally got leaks around the doors where the feet attached.

I would have gone roof rack again but I found that the really short roofline on my 8th gen coupe was difficult to deal with. I tried the short roofline braces and everything but I couldn't get the trays to line up nicely and I was constantly adjusting it for my snowboard rack.

Since you're local-ish let me know if you want to meet up and get a look at the setup im running.

I wouldn't be too worried about the weight. I have the hitch, a heavy rack, and two big DH bikes on it no problem from Syr to NJ.

Last edited:

JakeDBP

Erie, PA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si FB6
Body Style
Sedan
Hmmm interesting. My family has a Subaru Outback with a 1.25" rack, and a Kia Sportage SX with a 2" rack. Both are Class II's though. Think that matters? I could get the hitch on and borrow the old man's rack (that's kind of what I don't want to do). There's a great Craiglist Roch listing that I could get with the accessories (Q Towers with Frontloader I think it is) for $350.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
$350 is a good deal. I would have done it if I had seen it that cheap! I got my hitch/rack setup for $250-ish. I had a hookup so I got a bit of a deal on a hitch rack which made it worth it.

JakeDBP

Erie, PA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si FB6
Body Style
Sedan
:dance1: Thanks Squiggy, I actually got one today for my birthday! Please close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.