10th Generation Honda Civic Spied Testing

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots

looks like the thing doubled in size if they're really saying this is the next civic. Looks WAY too big. I know they've grown the civic and accord over the generations, but this seems absurd.

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
I know you're not supposed to be able to see the body lines with that vinyl, but to me I doesn't look like it changed all that much. I just hope they didn't change the engine again, I'd be upset if it's more powerful.

Ummm...hasn't every generation increased the power?

W3R0

WA
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan

looks like the thing doubled in size if they're really saying this is the next civic. Looks WAY too big. I know they've grown the civic and accord over the generations, but this seems absurd.
Seems like honda wants to keep up with its consumers...if consumers keep growing in size so will cars

Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
Dyno Blue Pearl Sedan (FB2)
Looks beefy. Surely gas mileage will be affected.
The style is more American looking than European looking. Reminds me of an Accord.

Last edited:

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
I know you're not supposed to be able to see the body lines with that vinyl, but to me I doesn't look like it changed all that much. I just hope they didn't change the engine again, I'd be upset if it's more powerful.
numerous sources posted almost identical info about a week ago or so -

2016 Acura ILX motor

It appears that mechanical piece of 2016 ILX will experience a few changes as well. The base 2.0 liter motor with 150 stallions is going to be supplanted. Overhauled model will get new 2.0 liter turbocharged motor, utilize additionally for new Civic Type R, which will have most extreme yield in excess of 300 hp. On the other side 2.4 liter motor with 201 hp will remain, yet it will presumably take the spot of cordial 2.0 liter unit as base variation.
===

If they're really putting a detuned 2L turbo in the car from the type r, the civic will likely copy.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2016-ilx-getting-the-new-civic-type-r-engine.12261/