2012 CBP FG4

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Dammit. My order for the PRL battery tray got cancelled. I was expecting to get that on Monday.

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
They shall all bow to the Mega Power!! :rockwoot:

Oh well, what can ya do? Odd thing is that I was told that it wasn't being made/sold anymore. Sure as **** it's not on PRL's site anymore either. So I'm wondering how many listings are someone who intended to basically dropship the item. The one that got cancelled was ordered through MAPerformance via Amazon. They took down the Amazon listing for it, but they still have it listed on their site. So I'm exploring the other options just in case.

Last edited:

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Got my first response to the exhaust this morning pulling up to the gas pumps at Costco. And I quote,

"Ohhh! Your car purrs like a tiger!"

Didn't expect middle aged women to actually like it! I was fully expecting her to have a negative comment, but she genuinely seemed to like it.

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Such excite! Much VTEC! :vtec:

Tune the driver, right? :D

upload_2019-11-15_8-47-23.png

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Always love seeing my old parts go to good use. Nice man!!!

did u call prl? Maybe they have something laying around in the back.

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
You got her # right?

Bwahaha! Gonna go out on a limb and say my better half wouldn't have appreciated that too terribly much. ;)

Always love seeing my old parts go to good use. Nice man!!!

Thanks again dude. The guys at the muffler shop had to pick up their jaws off the floor when they asked how much I got it for. I showed them the video of the bolt and the hangers right off the bat so they could take care of it right away instead of having to try to get to it around the pipe afterwards. Cause it was gonna rattle for sure. The overall fit of the system is a bit tight which is to be expected. He said that the stock piping is only 2 in down there, so the piping is sitting a lot closer to shield. They also fabricated the last hanger before the muffler to reinforce/let it hang a bit lower. The install was $120 and they only charged me $5 for the hangers, bolts, nuts, and gasket. :cheerleader:

did u call prl? Maybe they have something laying around in the back.

That's a good idea. I'll shoot them an email right now. I ordered on Amazon initially so I could get an additional 5% off as well as free shipping. So now I'm trying to find a site that offers free shipping and if they do Amazon Pay, even better. Looks like PRL does free shipping on orders over $199, so that's part of the way there.

Honda-Fan

Dallas, Texas
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Coupe
Got my first response to the exhaust this morning pulling up to the gas pumps at Costco. And I quote,

"Ohhh! Your car purrs like a tiger!"

Didn't expect middle aged women to actually like it! I was fully expecting her to have a negative comment, but she genuinely seemed to like it.

I'm glad that you're getting compliments on your new sound. All I ever get is concerned stares with the Tsudo, hahaha. Haters. :mad:

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Balls. That's a bummer. Not really even sure what my options are now. I might have to actually relocate the dang thing to the trunk! :spazface:

upload_2019-11-15_12-53-15.png

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I'm glad that you're getting compliments on your new sound. All I ever get is concerned stares with the Tsudo, hahaha. Haters. :mad:
I'll bet that'll be the case once I pull out the silencer. :rotfl:

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Also once I add a downpipe. Then I'm SURE the haters will hate.

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
That silencer outlet tiny is How big? Looks like with that on, its no better than the stock exhaust

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
I got the last PRL battery relocation kit in stock at kseriesparts.com!!!!! :bananasplit:

wait they had it? It’s being sent? Let me know what’s up when u get it.

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
That silencer outlet tiny is How big? Looks like with that on, its no better than the stock exhaust

Yeah, it's pretty tiny. I'm still on stock downpipe, so I didn't expect to gain much anyway. Just more sound for now. Looking at the PLM downpipe. Seems too good to be true though. It's significantly less than other pipes I'm seeing.

wait they had it? It’s being sent? Let me know what’s up when u get it.

I called to make sure because the site only said one. He checked the part number and said that they've got it, so I told him I was gonna throw something else in the cart to make it free shipping and check out ASAP. Got the order notification, but we'll see. I'm not gonna get excited until I get the order shipment details. Who thought it would be this difficult to find a battery tray. And with PRL saying that it's no longer in production I'm wondering what options there really are for just a standalone tray. All the others seem to only come with the CAI system.

I'll definitely let you know what's up. Got a Hasport 70a RMM as the other part of that order, so if all goes well I'll have both of those along with the Skunk2 CAI to install. :domokundance:

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
The rmm is a PITA!!!!!! to install. But you’ll tell the difference as soon as u start the car.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
It’s hard to do it on ur back. Moving the motor around with one hand and trying to get that bolt in with the other isn’t the funnest thing to do.