DIY 2012 Civic "JDM" Red Hazard Warning Switch

travis_si

Hazard installed on my '13 coupe. Bought it from a dude that insisted there was absolutely no way to install it on a '13 Si.
He must not have tried swapping the brackets. :corngrin:

Side note: So glad it was only 6 screws to get the navi out.

20140724_073257.jpg

travis_si

Also, is anyone else's hazard super dim? Either the pictures I've seen make it look brighter than it is, or mine isn't very bright.

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
Also, is anyone else's hazard super dim? Either the pictures I've seen make it look brighter than it is, or mine isn't very bright.

It really isn't that bright. The cell pics just blow the brightness out of proportion.

PMMcivicFB2

Canada B-Town
Vehicle Model
Touring
Body Style
Sedan
Hazard installed on my '13 coupe. Bought it from a dude that insisted there was absolutely no way to install it on a '13 Si.
He must not have tried swapping the brackets. :corngrin:

Side note: So glad it was only 6 screws to get the navi out.

View attachment 39159
He's right in a sense. It's crooked so it's not a 100% right. Installed yes but not a proper fit.

Blimpcity

Jezza
NEO
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Just got a 2014 Si couple and I'm trying to figure out how to get to the hazard button to swap it with a JDM style. I see others have done this with 2013's which looks similar, but I can't find any information on how to pull of the part of the dash to do this. Anyone know of any DIY's or resources with this information? Any help is appreciated.

SimplicityFB6

Houston, Tx
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si
Tweaked mine up a lil. Bought a 2012 hazard button and it is slightly angled in my 2013 Si. So..I did this

Where did you get that sticker? The triangle is gonna bother me being offset lol

Glennmeister

Charleston, SC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Where did you get that sticker? The triangle is gonna bother me being offset lol
check your local decal shop. i just searched for a design and they made it for me. make sure its resized to an inch. pain to peel if there's alot of detail on the design bro so just look for something simple.

Blimpcity

Jezza
NEO
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Just got a 2014 Si couple and I'm trying to figure out how to get to the hazard button to swap it with a JDM style. I see others have done this with 2013's which looks similar, but I can't find any information on how to pull of the part of the dash to do this. Anyone know of any DIY's or resources with this information? Any help is appreciated.

Lets try this again.

Can anyone provide information on how to remove swap out the hazard button on a 2014 Si? I don't want to bust my dash and cannot find any information on how to remove the faux carbon fiber part the button is attached to.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots